Archaeologists Claim Pig Painting in Indonesian Cave Is World’s Oldest Figurative Artwork

Timeshifter

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Everything that is wrong with archaeology and the media. And some sarcasm by me.

011221_BB_cave-painting_feat.jpg
A newly discovered cave painting in Indonesia believed to be at least 45,500 years old...

Too many lols.

This one...

'Adam Brumm, an archaeologist at Australia’s Griffith University who worked on the study, told the New York Times that, “given the sophistication of this early representational artwork,” the pig painting was likely done by a modern human. The painter’s identity remains unknown, however'.

And here's me thinking at least they'll have the artists name!?

Also...

'Brumm told the Times that Indonesian rock art is deteriorating quickly. “It is very worrying,” he said, “and, given the current situation, the end result is likely to be the eventual destruction of this ice age Indonesian art, perhaps even within our lifetime'.

Well what do you know, it survives perfectly fine for 45,000 years, then modern man comes accross it and it emmediately starts to deteriorate..

Any wonder the people of the world are mostly brain dead?

abject garbage

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Im an artist myself.
Thats a great pig, an impressionist masterpiece. Great find.
Anytime the PTB archeologists think that early humans couldn't make sophisticated art or build a mound they claim it was modern humans who were the culprits. That stinks of treachery.

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
'Brumm told the Times that Indonesian rock art is deteriorating quickly. “It is very worrying,” he said, “and, given the current situation, the end result is likely to be the eventual destruction of this ice age Indonesian art, perhaps even within our lifetime'.
It really is surprising how much news literally debunks itself these days!

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
LOL, the same lame story again and again.

Jetsam

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they had names, for the pig and for themselves. Why is it always the same hand print?... like it was me that painted this, here is my hand... sure if it is fabricated we shouldn't know for some reason they could write as well but if not, then I don't know about these hand print signatures. It's always the same all over the world and that says something by itself I think. I'm not saying they should have a fancy signature of letters to describe their name but a symbol of sorts would make more sense

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
He said "Indonesian rock art" in general, not that pig in particular.
If that painting is very recently discovered, it must fall apart in a matter of hours ...

Hmmm ...
How about scraping off a bit of paint, and looking for DNA traces - as they often do with crime scenes ?
Would the result be an embarrassment ?!?

feralimal

Trusted Member
Reaction score
.... and there are the ubiquitous hand prints.

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
The hand print is likely a sign to those in the know that this is a false flag. Just like the shoes on the roadsides and the pushbikes always evident in terrapin attacks.

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
The hand print is likely a sign to those in the know that this is a false flag. Just like the shoes on the roadsides and the pushbikes always evident in terrapin attacks.
Perhaps there was a Trekkie involved in Indonesia ?!?

1610622562984.png

luddite

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
That is what I'd always thought. It is such a childish addition to all of these paintings.

1. If the paintings are real, then how can they last so long whilst the actual rock is falling off. What is the composition of the paint that makes it so long lasting? The article Oldest cave art found in Sulawesi | Science Advances states it was a red pigment. No further information was provided. It's the magical red pigment that lasts 45k years with full colour retention.
2. Why are the hands always deformed?
3. I bet that the researcher is in need of funding. He cites himself, as references, 8 times.
- Griffith research boosted by $5.4 million in ARC grants
-
Professor Adam Brumm and Dr Michelle Langley (Environmental Futures Research Institute, Sciences) awarded $597,284 for the project titled ‘Resolving the archaeological enigma of Indonesia’s ‘Toalean’ culture’ (A/Prof Mark Moore, The University of New England; Prof Philip Piper, The Australian National University; Mr Budianto Hakim, Archaeological Centre of South Sulawesi; Dr Francis Bulbeck, The Australian National University)
- Researchers uncover prehistoric art and ornaments from Indonesian ‘Ice Age’

Our hero, Adam Brumm seams to like going into the jungle with his cohort Michell Langley. Now they have $590k to spend. Make of that what you will.

I call out all of these grants as laundering and misappropriation of tax payer funding.

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
They have form as we say over here.
“Sulawesi, in particular, is renowned among biogeographers for its extremely high rate of species endemism – essentially all of the island’s land mammals, except for bats, occur nowhere else on earth,” Associate Professor Brumm says.

“The discovery of ornaments manufactured from the bones and teeth of two of Sulawesi’s flagship endemics – babirusas and bear cuscuses – and a previously recorded painting of a babirusa dated to at least 35,400 years ago, shows that humans were drawn to these dramatically new faunal species. This may indicate that the conceptual world of these people changed to incorporate exotic animals.”
Pick a date, any date, write it down on a piece of paper and put in the magic money tree.
And they do again and again.

Users who are viewing this thread