Archaeologists Find Marble Head of Roman Emperor Augustus in Italian Town

Timeshifter

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Of course its' 'him'

179436058_2920204494900661_7774149682814846899_n.jpg

Archaeologists have uncovered a marble head of the Roman emperor Augustus in the Italian town of Isernia, located in the region of Molise. According to a report by the Italian publication Il Giornale del Molise, the finding sheds new light on the imperial Roman impact in the region.
Exciting....

Led by archaeologist Francesca Giancola, the team of researchers found the head on Thursday and the discovery was announced by the Archaeological Superintendency of Molise. Il Giornale del Molise reports that the Augustus head “bodes well for other and more important, historical finds” for a town that was conquered by the Romans in 295 B.C.E. In 90 B.C.E., it was subsequently taken by the Samnites, an ancient people of southern Italy, and then fell back into Roman control.
FB_IMG_1620065798503.jpg

This bit...

“Yes, it is really him, the emperor Augustus, found today during the excavation,” the Archaeological Superintendency of Molise wrote on social media. “Because behind the walls of a city, there are obviously the city and its history, which cannot be pierced with a concrete pile.”
It's really him? Lol.

1st thing I thought when I saw was this...

napoleon.jpg

And was reminded if this thread Napoleon Statue

History, clear as mud...

article link

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I am going to make one of these an then bury it in the ground for a couple of years and then "accidentally" find it, with it being marble I could say it is from anywhere on the time line I wish, wonder if I would then gain the title Superintendent.....

OfTheBrave

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I am going to make one of these an then bury it in the ground for a couple of years and then "accidentally" find it, with it being marble I could say it is from anywhere on the time line I wish, wonder if I would then gain the title Superintendent.....
No joke, if you have a geopolymer recipe, drop it in the comments. I'd love to try making some artificial marble.

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
No joke, if you have a geopolymer recipe, drop it in the comments. I'd love to try making some artificial marble.