Banned/Restricted user announcements

Safranek

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Good to have this thread. As to WHO and WHY. The user khaoz had some valid posts BUT forum rules are there for a reason. To keep things congruent and understandable. Too many threads on the same topic spreads the info thinly and creates redundancy.

The admins should not and can not keep tabs on this as it is not their only task.

USERS must pitch in and help keep the threads organized. Otherwise, there will be 'khaoz'. :)

FAELAGUM

Trusted Member
Reaction score
You didn't have to ban him
He was logic in his own way and his ideas were nonetheless interesting to read
His mind reminisced me of
Thomas Wictor that has been banned (four ough' five times on YouTube already)
type of style in his written words
and there was no derailing in my humble opinion
only side tracking with the main thread.

Warning system is better in my humble opinion
Three strikes out!

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score

Three strikes out!
This is not about his content. He ignored multiple warnings by moderators. Everyone is warned at least two times before ban.

We don't have the time and motivation to invest hours into following him around the forum to remedy his actions.

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
This is not about his content. He ignored multiple warnings by moderators. Everyone is warned at least two times before ban.
We don't have the time and motivation to invest hours into following him around the forum to remedy his acitons.
Are you able (technically) to check for multiple accounts and prevent continued spamming under another alias ?
Or do location checks, and possible cross-checks with other users ?

Just asking, because troll farms do exist.

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
USERS must pitch in and help keep the threads organized.
@codis and I tried that in one thread that khaoz was disrupting, but we got a slap on the wrist for "bickering."
In general, per our rules, notify the moderators in that case, instead of writing publicly in the threads. Most active moderators are trismegistus and myself.

trismegistus

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
I will also mention in this thread that there was a user, @flychaos who reached out to me a couple of weeks ago and asked for all of his comments to be removed and his account deactivated. They did not give me a reason as to why.

Safranek

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
As the aim of this forum is to research and discover as much truth about our past (and future) as possible, the more professionally every user conducts themselves and shows respect and honesty towards fellow members, the better quality of 'people' we can attract, and by that I mean others whose conducts is the same.

If everyone adheres to these principles, we will have intelligent and respectful debates, for without those, science has never advanced one iota.

It is a big plus to have so many different people from different cultures, but if certain objective standards and mutual respect are lacking, this will not be the forum most of us intend it to be and somehow this must be communicated and conveyed effectively and hold weight.

We can always respectfully agree to disagree and use the ignore button if we are not interested in certain content.

I know I may sound redundant in expressing this but I think its of the utmost importance to the future of this site.

Jetsam

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I would say pretty much all of this subject matter is distressing, even if it's just the fact that it's been stolen or hidden. To say that some subjects should be discussed privately to figure out how to properly present it to the rest of us sounds like "we can't handle the truth." That is a total bummer. I would say all of us here, or most of us at least, can figure out whether it's true, a possibility or not true on our own. History is maybe not a subject delicate minds who can't handle the worst of humanity should study.

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
I would say pretty much all of this subject matter is distressing, even if it's just the fact that it's been stolen or hidden. To say that some subjects should be discussed privately to figure out how to properly present it to the rest of us sounds like "we can't handle the truth." That is a total bummer. I would say all of us here, or most of us at least, can figure out whether it's true, a possibility or not true on our own. History is maybe not a subject delicate minds who can't handle the worst of humanity should study.
In case you haven't noticed, I said to write privately to moderators in case someone is derailing a thread or otherwise breaking a forum rule.

Timeshifter

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
If we want the forum to be taken seriously, by anyone stumbling accross it, then as far as possible OP's and threads must be coherant, well recearched and remain on topic. Otherwise, the site gets chalked off as another 'ATS'

We are better than that. Accept the rules, they benefit us all, and the truths we are starting to discover.

WorldWar1812

Deleted
Trusted Member
Reaction score

Three strikes out!

We don't have the time and motivation to invest hours into following him around the forum to remedy his actions.
But antway banning a user (who is almost saying it's not playing rightly) and keeping his posts/threads. It's not a contradiction?

FAELAGUM

Trusted Member
Reaction score

Three strikes out!

But antway banning a user (who is almost saying it's not playing rightly) and keeping his posts/threads. It's not a contradiction?
The ban might be time-limited and he might or might not be back again here telling us Russian is the oldest language

Users who are viewing this thread