Communication after the cataclysm

6079SmithW

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Listening to a lot of space busters at the moment... It stuck me that if they are correct (and I believe they are) and a cataclysm is coming (why would the elites build DUMBs if they weren't)... Revelation also says the kings of the earth his under the mountains etc ...

If such an event happens, we won't have the internet anymore.

Is there anyway we could still keep in contact? Or would contact be redundant at that point?

I'm thinking wind up radios or some such device...

Sorry for the typos (am typing on Android)

Smith (Luke)

Whitewave

Trusted Member
Reaction score
HAM radio operation might still be viable. Even now they're used in emergencies and disaster relief when other forms of communication are rendered inoperable.
Getting a basic (technician level) license is very easy and inexpensive. The equipment is expensive and somewhat complicated though.

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
An EMP pulse is almost a certainty if a big nasty event happens.
All electronics with microchips will be inoperative. Only antique cars with points ignition will run, but gas will be gone, the electrical grid down for the count.

Communicating with others at long distance will not be a person's priority then, survival will.
I have HAM radios in a Faraday Cage, but I don't have much hope in using them if a big disaster happens.
Bad apple elites in DUMBS are supposedly being dealt with by militaries, but would you want to spend your last years ten miles underground? Not me. I need trees and nature.

Long lasting food, a shotgun, warm clothing, water, books, whiskey, TP, and plenty of medical supplies are paramount. Sponges are good when the TP runs out. It worked for the Romans!

We may be back to traditional mail for communication.

Last edited:

E.Bearclaw

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Could suggest a meetup point in different countries, where on a a pre-agreed date, people meet up. Maybe somewhere high up and central. Not too difficult to get to. That kinda thing.

It is more of an joke, rather than a paranoid delusion, but in the event of an apocalypse my friends and I have such a meeting place.

Myrrinda

Trusted Member
Reaction score
It's a possible scenario but I still hope it doesn't happen and if it does, it won't last longer than a few days.
To be honest I also thought about telepathy, I had a lot of incidences with it and it's a real thing. Maybe it works even better when people are kind of forced to use it because there is no other choice?

Magnetic

Trusted Member
Reaction score
When a major catastrophe happens your area of concern is shrunk to your immediate area where you can walk or ride a bike or drive to. Water, food, a means of self defense, shelter, med supplies, and having friends who have got your back. My journey has shucked a lot of friends unfortunately!

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
If the apocalypse warning gives enough time I'll brew a cuppa sit down and laugh my head off.
What if its already happened though and we are just memories wandering around the ether pretending to be alive?

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

conductor

Trusted Member
Reaction score
The path can get lonely. Freedom cells is a website to connect with others in real life.
The stated purpose of the website is to connect people locally. I have met with people that I have found on the website. Everybody has been friendly, open minded and fed up with the current system. Free to sign up, you don't need to use your real name, enter a location near you so others can find you on the map. You can check the map and message people through the website. No leadership, no ideology. It is worldwide.

If anybody wants to have a conversation via zoom, let me know via private message. A video call with other open minded humans can lift the spirit.

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
HAM radio operation might still be viable. Even now they're used in emergencies and disaster relief when other forms of communication are rendered inoperable.
I would agree. Anything which contains sender and receiver directly, including CB radio.
The mobile phone net is one of the first thing to go in even light natural disasters like local floods, as I have personally witnessed. That already removes the sole purpose of life for many people ...
All electronics with microchips will be inoperative. Only antique cars with points ignition will run, but gas will be gone, the electrical grid down for the count.
The current studies and observations of EMPs mostly relate to nuclear weapons, and the extreme dE/dt and dH/dt they create (electrical and magnetic field strength gradient). I am not sure how a solar micronova or meteorite impact with aerial detonation would behave in this regard.
I would see a good chance of survival (of electronic devices), the question is, how to power them. The supply chain for batteries etc. might be out of order for a while ...
For the directly affected area (both solar micronova or meteorite impact) there will most probably probably be no need for communications anymore.
When a major catastrophe happens your area of concern is shrunk to your immediate area where you can walk or ride a bike or drive to. Water, food, a means of self defense, shelter, med supplies, and having friends who have got your back.
And not to forget, such an event will put many people into shock, a trance-like state were most human mental facilities shut down, and the lizard brain takes over. Expect people to behave like wild animals.
A few days later, with lack of food, water and shelter, expect desperation to replace shock, and make people behave like wild animals.
I would say, one needs supplies for at least a few month, a circle of like-minded friends, and a solid idea what to do afterwards.
A global disaster event would put us back to at least stone age level, I suppose.

Whitewave

Trusted Member
Reaction score

Communicating with others at long distance will not be a person's priority then, survival will.
I have HAM radios in a Faraday Cage, but I don't have much hope in using them if a big disaster happens.
Bad apple elites in DUMBS are supposedly being dealt with by militaries, but would you want to spend your last years ten miles underground? Not me. I need trees and nature.

Long lasting food, a shotgun, warm clothing, water, books, whiskey, TP, and plenty of medical supplies are paramount. Sponges are good when the TP runs out. It worked for the Romans!

We may be back to traditional mail for communication.
I like to test equipment, especially if I'm depending on it to survive so I tested how well a makeshift Faraday cage would work.
Placed my cell phone in an ammo box then dialed my number from another phone. My phone rang meaning even a fairly weak radio signal would penetrate an ammo box so an EMP surely would. Then I put the ammo box (with phone inside) in a standard aluminum trash can. Phone still received signal.
Wrapped phone, ammo box and trash can in chicken wire and that finally blocked the signal.
Problem is, if we get hit with an EMP, there's no guarantee we won't get hit with another one 2 days (or hours or weeks) later.
I have a portable HAM station set up but even if it's protected by all the above mentioned measures, it could still get hit later.
None of TPTB are going to do without satellite service for themselves though so I'm wondering if a sat phone might be an option.

Whitewave

Trusted Member
Reaction score
The Army of the South in the American Civil War used signal flags from mountain to mountain. They could get a message from Winchester VA to Richmond in 1 hr.
That might work.
Oklahoma is pretty flat with the occasional rolling hill. We'd probably have to use flares.

Users who are viewing this thread