2019-03-08 20:22:37
SH.org Reaction Score
SH.org Reply Count

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Google has new cookie notices on google and youtube, this is due to a recent change in EU law requiring explicit consent.

The way to disable them currently in chromium-based browsers is to download this addon: uBlock Origin - Free, open-source ad content blocker.

And put in the following text into "My Filters":

Code:
google.*##.wwYr3.aID8W.bErdLd
google.*##.aID8W.m114nf.t7xA6
google.*##div[jsname][jsaction^="dg_close"]
google.*##html:style(overflow: visible !important;)
google.*##.widget-consent-fullscreen.widget-consent

Last edited:

TurpinHero

Reaction score
If this is the wrong thread to post in, or it has been mentioned elsewhere I apologize to the Mods in advance, but has anyone else commented on KD resurrecting SH.org?
I've just fired up an old tablet with SH org tabs still open in the browser and there he is, on a new look site, and he's posting away just as he used to. It's a Blog format site and you can sign up just as before. He also gives his reasons for closing everything down so abruptly last year.

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
If this is the wrong thread to post in, or it has been mentioned elsewhere I apologize to the Mods in advance, but has anyone else commented on KD resurrecting SH.org?
I've just fired up an old tablet with SH org tabs still open in the browser and there he is, on a new look site, and he's posting away just as he used to. It's a Blog format site and you can sign up just as before. He also gives his reasons for closing everything down so abruptly last year.
its back up KD SH Blog

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
its back up KD SH Blog
It is a bit funny though as it won't allow log in, anyone else with an old account able to log in??

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
its back up KD SH Blog
It is a bit funny though as it won't allow log in, anyone else with an old account able to log in??
According to his blog post, there a separate read-only archive, and a new blog. The new blog allows comments if you register anew.

You can log in into the old archive with your old username: Alternate History of the World

TurpinHero

Reaction score
its back up KD SH Blog
I've tried my old username and password to no avail. Looks like KD is starting from scratch with a new member base.

AlgulSiento

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed ticking timer on the up right? Old archive only available for 1 month 20 days ???

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed ticking timer on the up right? Old archive only available for 1 month 20 days ???
he offers us an opportunity to copy it and complete our own archive before he will put it offline to focus on the blog.

Thanks @KD_1.0

Sapioit

Trusted Member
Reaction score
So, has there been any progress on downloading the archive? I didn't check if there is another thread about that.

Sapioit

Trusted Member
Reaction score
So, has there been any progress on downloading the archive? I didn't check if there is another thread about that.
the entire forum content has been archived is in the process of being archived. will take 1-2 more days.
Thank you very much for the timely reply! It will be very reassuring to have a complete backup of the old site.

Sapioit

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Now that the download is complete, waiting a week or two before downloading would not be a big problem. But after that one would have to start downloading those things, just in case.

By the way, has someone made a sitemap of the sh.org/archive ? Because if there is one made, it can be turned into a HTML page with links, to have the whole archive saved by waybackmachine in one go. It might be a good idea to sitemap the whole site, even outside of the archive.

luddite

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Now that the download is complete, waiting a week or two before downloading would not be a big problem. But after that one would have to start downloading those things, just in case.

By the way, has someone made a sitemap of the sh.org/archive ? Because if there is one made, it can be turned into a HTML page with links, to have the whole archive saved by waybackmachine in one go. It might be a good idea to sitemap the whole site, even outside of the archive.
I have a site map already (supplied by the archive itself). Unfortunately it is just a list of pages with no categories. That is how the forum works.

Sapioit

Trusted Member
Reaction score
All we need is a list of links, ideally including pages which themselves are lists (like the Meta where this thread can be found), to get it archived by the Wayback Machine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread