SH Archive Don't leave home without your pinecone and purse....

SH.org OP Username
Ice Nine
SH.org OP Date
2018-09-18 00:35:56
SH.org Reaction Score
SH.org Reply Count

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Note: This post was recovered from the Sh.org archive.
Username: Red Bird
Date: 2020-07-02 21:43:25
I’ve been meaning to post something that may pertain to the seeming armor and weird knees. I was looking into Nart Tales, which is the Circassian mythology, because it came from the area where they first came off of the ark (in my opinion) and predates Greek mythology for sure, and may even contain proto-mythology/history (I just made that term up I think).

Here’s the story:
The Birth of Nart Sosriqwe

The Manner of Sosriqwe's Birth* (literal translation)

Lady Satanay was washing the laundry by the river side. The Nart cow-herd, Sos, was tending his drove on the other side of the river. Satanay was exquisitely beautiful. When the drover saw her, his desire for her was so immense that he could not withhold his tears* (in this version semen is euphemistically referred to as tears), which fell on a stone beside her.
Satanay picked up the stone and wrapped it in a warm cloth. She carried it home and laid it in the hearth hole. The cowherd's tears inside the warm cloth began to grow. The child that was engendered therein was named Sosriqwe* (literally: the son of Sos). The body of Sosriqwe turned to very hard steel. To soften the steely mass, the child was taken to Lhepsch*'s smithy (Lhepsch was the god of the smiths in the Circassian Pantheon), where it was tempered seven* times (seven was a sacred number in Circassian mythology). The unwieldy body of Sosriqwe became more lenient. Lhepsch tempered Sosriqwe's body by holding him with a pair of tongs from his knees*. These became to resemble the knees of humans (if you refer to the story Sosriqwe Fetches Fire, the Giant curses himself for not recognizing Sosriqwe by his human knees).

SuperTrouper

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: SuperTrouper
Date: 2020-07-02 22:35:02
My hypothesis is that the pine cone refers to the pineal gland, and that purses carry cannabis (THC) oil, which is key to opening/using the drill bit (pineal gland). Calamus = cannabis. Magical properties.

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Username: Red Bird
Date: 2020-07-02 22:54:26
This got me thinking...
Maybe the purse is a bucket containing water lilies:
Transcultural Use of Narcotic Water Lilies in Ancient Egyptian and Maya Drug Ritual - PubMed
Abstract
C.omparisons are made between ancient ritual uses of the flowers of Nymphaea (Nymphaeaceae) in Maya and Egyptian civilizations. Recurrent motifs encountered in the art of both of these ancient civilizations suggests that the role for the water lily was that of a narcotic (psychodysleptic) used to mediate ecstasis among a priestly caste. Relevant literature is reviewed as are chemical data. Elements in the complex belief systems of these two civilizations need to be reinterpreted in view of the use of two water lilies as ritual narcotics. The species implicated are Nymphaea caerulea Sav., in Egypt, and N. ampla DC., among the Maya

SuperTrouper

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: SuperTrouper
Date: 2020-07-03 00:57:09
Great stuff.

This is the book that provides a lot of background knowledge to my hypothesis. PDF is here.

For the best Sufi work from non-dual perspective, please read this short book.

Users who are viewing this thread