Faking still images from the past.

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Strikes me this is tip of the iceberg and is clear evidence anything digital can be and is faked.
What really intrigues me is they are now showing this tech off to the public as being a good thing makes me wonder how many still images are faked. We certainly fall for fakery all the time as evidence by names added to sculptures especially busts, portraits and paintings question is how the hell does one manage to get past the fakery and what would pass for actual truthful provenance of old things.

Last edited:

Silveryou

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Good call. We should stay alert in the near future because they are going to find archive footage never seen before and after some time (when people have forgotten where those footage came from) historians/journalists are going to use it to justify their own point of view

HollyHoly

Trusted Member
Reaction score
for awhile now I have been suspicious of the many photos it seems like we suddenly have and the unlikely stories of why we have them from the old forum this picture which illustrates the concept

greta.jpg

Im trying to dig up all the links for this but staged past is definitely what I'm seeing here

BStankman

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Very reminiscent of Metropolis for me.
One really starts to wonder if the past has been fabricated by a future technology.
If we extrapolate the incompetence of the narrative of current events to a near future of slightly more debased controllers, then it makes a lot more sense why a coherent past cannot be pieced together despite all of our efforts over the last several years.

Last edited:

veeall

Trusted Member
Reaction score
This doesn't look like much yet, but maybe there are more advanced implementations existing somewhere out of sight.

luddite

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Here is a new deep fake by some tic tock guy. It's insane.

msw141

Trusted Member
Reaction score

View attachment 6912
damn, that's pretty flawless. I know this technology is going to be used toward the downfall of civilization, but I'll be honest that I'm kind of excited for it's use in Hollywood. At first my gut reaction was that it would be horrible, but if you think about it--- if you are going to make another Indiana Jones movie would you rather use a 75 year old Harrison Ford or a Harrison Ford that looks just like he did in Temple of Doom? The actor will still get paid for his likeness. Because otherwise you are going to get the sequels 30 years too late, or they're going to get rebooted with terrible new actors or gender/race swaps. It's counter-intuitive, but it could provide an option that helps keep these hacks from ruining these classic franchises while keeping them viable for continuation.

AgentOrange5

Trusted Member
Reaction score

luddite

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score

View attachment 6912

I think that is Miles Fisher who is a doppelganger to Cruise, he has even played Cruise in roles. He has a history of making videos pretending to be Tom Cruise. View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Btb8gLy3-E&
Miles Fisher - Wikipedia

I do believe deep fakes exist, but I don't think this is an example of one.
Yep- I was fooled by click bait.

This Miles Fisher guy is hilarious. Very funny!

I know this technology is going to be used toward the downfall of civilization, but I'll be honest that I'm kind of excited for it's use in Hollywood.
I think it will also be used for the downfall of media and hollywood. If you can't believe what you see (of course it is already lies but let's assume that most folk do believe the news) then no one will watch it and it will become irrelevant.

Hollywood will become a computer framework and anyone can be anybody. Once again, the saturation will make it boring and it will fail. Already movie viewing is lower and sports are going the same way. The gladiators and circus is no longer effective.

Myrrinda

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the movie "wag the dog": the good old shoe song. They put it in the library of congress and claimed to have found it, and made it a hit. Of course in real life they are doing it with pictures.

I had to illustrate some topics at work, like "getting new glasses" or "pick up food you ordered" etc. - in the current situation - and we use stock photos from Getty Images all the time anyway. Photographers jumped on the corona train early on and you find any situation now with masks. Every now and then I come across pics where I look closely and see the mask is photoshopped onto the face. Why do a whole new photoshoot when you can just sit at the desk and get the same result? Of course there are real ones, too. But some are clearly fake.
That made me take a closer look at "spanish flu" pics and now I'm convinced at least half of the face coverings are fake.
Like the Mars Rovers, do not exist.Or the fakedemic does not exist
I zapped through the TV and I had to laugh when I saw the news about Mars! My guess is, the pic was taken in Australia or I don't know, maybe the USA, Arizona or something, and the rover was faked in. Looks like an old Windows screensaver I used to have 😂 the one with the astronaut, if anyone remembers.

Last edited:

HollyHoly

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the movie "wag the dog": the good old shoe song. They put it in the library of congress and claimed to have found it, and made it a hit. Of course in real life they are doing it with pictures.

I had to illustrate some topics at work, like "getting new glasses" or "pick up food you ordered" etc. - in the current situation - and we use stock photos from Getty Images all the time anyway. Photographers jumped on the corona train early on and you find any situation now with masks. Every now and then I come across pics where I look closely and see the mask is photoshopped onto the face. Why do a whole new photoshoot when you can just sit at the desk and get the same result? Of course there are real ones, too. But some are clearly fake.
That made me take a closer look at "spanish flu" pics and now I'm convinced at least half of the face coverings are fake.
Like the Mars Rovers, do not exist.Or the fakedemic does not exist
I zapped through the TV and I had to laugh when I saw the news about Mars! My guess is, the pic was taken in Australia or I don't know, maybe the USA, Arizona or something, and the rover was faked in. Looks like an old Windows screensaver I used to have 😂 the one with the astronaut, if anyone remembers.
everything the mainstream controller media puts out is a lie ,endless CGI of bacteria, non existent animals, and planets fake stories about prehistory, and fake artifacts to go with them every time our side of the argument gets traction they make a "new discovery" .that reinforces their narrative. But we saw in the 'when is a dog a wolf articles' they cant even keep up with their own lies.