Giants in Ancient Warfare

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
This is a PDF file of an article I found interesting.
If you read between the lines you can see that perhaps the Annunaki or Nephilim or the Uttuki were possibly real.
We have giants today, but I wonder if the growth hormone explanation has major cracks in it.

pruss.jpeg

Attachments

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
From the above pdf,

The Nephalim, a composite species of primeval monsters and fallen angels,

First time i have heard them called that!

She seems to a very well heeled and published writer/researcher so I wonder what her sources were/are.

Silveryou

Trusted Member
Reaction score
In this thread (Japan was once a part of the Great Tartaria), I saw an interesting picture on which was depicted a partcular warrior...

giant..PNG

That cannon-gun reminds me of a youtube video by a russian (don't remember who) in which he said that the cannons showed in every part of the world were used by giants. Cannons like this...

Cannon_pic.jpg

Do you know of similar guns of "normal" measure exhibited in some museum? Because if no "normal size" gun remains then maybe...

... maybe these cannons exhibited all over the world are the ancient weapons of the giants!
I remember the tale of the fight between the gods and the giants and the weapons they left, and how humans took those weapons.

Sorry for the too many maybes

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Recently watched this clip of a replica being fired. Were I a giant I wouldn't be holding the thing when it went off.

And here's an original being fired.
Why are all the tales of giants tales of belligerent giants warring and scrapping when the giant narrative often calls up giant sized architecture as evidence of their existence. There seems to a dearth of benevolent or builder/architect giants.

Last edited:

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Recently watched this clip of a replica being fired. Were I a giant I wouldn't be holding the thing when it went off.

Why are all the tales of giants tales of belligerent giants warring and scrapping when the giant narrative often calls up giant sized architecture as evidence of their existence. There seems to a dearth of benevolent or builder/architect giants.
Ahh Sean Has-bean gets all the good jobs but i guess he is qualified, you know being in "Sharpe" and all that, I prefer old Pete Postlethwaite me self.

Yes the giant narrative really does not add up, especially in a religious context but when you put the big buildings with them or should say giant buildings then things become a little clearer.

Nezumi

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Found some more pics on the hand cannon
EUgly4zXkAAeSO0.jpg
EUgl5XCXsAA07xO.jpg
EUgl0JaWsAEHNbO.jpg

682de19c6f78576656c4ea1f369cd275.jpg
Oozutsu_cannon_Japan_16th_century.jpg

A 16th-century swivel breech-loading Japanese cannon, called an Ōzutsu (大筒, "Big Pipe").

"The Norimitsu Odachi is a huge sword from Japan. It is so large, in fact, that it was said to have been wielded by a giant. " - Source

Norimitsu-Odachi.jpg

I see no reason why they wouldn't get involved in some kind of warfare, especially during thier decline?

Attachments

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
The explanation for the yellow cylinder is on the other thread. The yellow cylinder is some sort of recoil shock absorber it seems from the pictures on the other thread shock dampener may be a more accurate description.
The 'wire' arrangement on the side is a match mechanism which seems to have moved the lighted match onto the gunpowder to ignite the charge which fired the flaming arrows, again if the description is accurate. You see the bloke in the video using a lighted match on the end of a pole to light the charge in the replica cannon. Take a look at a musket lighting mechanism to see it more clearly.
Are we looking at actual caricatures of the foe so too speak drawn by the side that won as in war propaganda is always written by the victors so too speak. Always best to big up the defeated as much as possible to shine a greater light on the victors achievements?
Don't know obviously just wondering as these things are always held by either fierce looking or wild looking warriors with a crazed look in their eyes and they are caricatures of human beings so taking a short leap from accepting them as caricatures at least in looks then it could be said everything else in the images are caricatures as well.

Really struggling to find any tales where the giant is not belligerent or in many cases mad as a box of frogs and often eating humans. Are they possibly just another form of sky fairy or aliens to keep the populace of the time distracted?

6079SmithW

Trusted Member
Reaction score
This is a PDF file of an article I found interesting.
If you read between the lines you can see that perhaps the Annunaki or Nephilim or the Uttuki were possibly real.
We have giants today, but I wonder if the growth hormone explanation has major cracks in it.

View attachment 3019
Thanks for this, it was really fascinating reading

Timeshifter

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score

In this picture though the "giant" is using his weapon in a different way. What are those things attached to the cannon? Was it to used to fire cannonballs? It doesn't seem to me
As KD speculated in a thread somewhere, not 'gunpowder' explosions & cannonballs at all, but perhaps energy weapons.

Sanctus Martinus

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Found some more pics on the hand cannon

I see no reason why they wouldn't get involved in some kind of warfare, especially during thier decline?
Look at their arms and legs. A very important detail. It almost looks like degenerating/mutating muscles/skin.

Really struggling to find any tales where the giant is not belligerent or in many cases mad as a box of frogs and often eating humans. Are they possibly just another form of sky fairy or aliens to keep the populace of the time distracted?
Sounds more like fearmongering to keep people away from making any contact with giants.

Last edited:

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Seems it is indeed a drawing style
Otsuchi-War-Hammer.jpg

Print by Utagawa Kunisada (1786-1865) of Father and Son Members of the Forty-Seven Rônin from Chûshingura, the Treasury of Loyal Retainers: The People Involved in the Night Attack (Kanadehon chûshingura: youchi ninzû no uchi), ca. 1845-1860. Color woodblock print, ôban, original c. 15 in. x 10 in. Pictured are Horibe Yahei and his adopted son, Horibe Yasubei, in black-and-white patterned firefighter's disguises and bearing a pike and a wooden sledgehammer.

Source which features some fascinating photographs of weapons of the period well worth a look.​

These are from a book One Hundred and Eight Heroes of the Popular Water Margin 1843-1847
Source

slide14.jpg

slide12.jpg

A fascinating read about the Giant bows Yumi Source

hopesksefall

Reaction score

If you buy into this sort of thing, it could be that the giants and their civilization was on the downswing, devolving into brutish, tribe-like groups. History is cyclical, so they say, and if it is, it's possible for civilizations to rise and fall. The falls wouldn't all be immediate falls with instant destruction. Many would be prolonged, painful falls from grace into ruin and savagery.

Silveryou

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I've found this image while searching around: "A charioteer of the White team; part of a mosaic of the third century AD, showing four leading charioteers from the different colors, all in their distinctive gear".

Mosaic_white_charioteer_Massimo.jpg

Were these horses just ponies? "Compared to other horses, ponies often exhibit thick manes, tails and overall coat, as well as proportionally shorter legs, wider barrels, heavier bone, thicker necks, and shorter heads with broader foreheads" (Pony - Wikipedia). I'm not an expert on horses and ponies, but this one above is a horse for me. A little horse or a giant human...

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
My penny is on them being ponies as to my mind they can go round tight corners faster than bigger horses. Hollyholy is the one to ask. She is a horse lady.
Mosaico_Palazzo_Massimo_02-scaled.jpeg

Source

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Its too bad those old photos always compare the giants to the smallest people.

The tallest recorded:
Robert Pershing Wadlow. 8 ft. 11.1 in.

W.jpeg

Last edited: