High-Dose Iodine Protocol, Halide and Mercury detox, etc.

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Admin note: I have split off this discussion from the original thread: Iodine Deficiency, Goitre, and the Biblical Flood

Since the discussion on nutrition and detoxification is better suited for a separate thread in the off-topic area.

Fortunately, I have a bottle of Lugol solution at home, but I need to buy more.
As a general note, for self-medication, it should always be combined with around 100mcg of selenomethionine per day to protect the thyroid from oxidative damage, and started low dose as iodine detoxifies other halogens like bromide and fluoride from the body. Antioxidants like Vitamin C are helpful as well to take every day. A good book is Iodine - Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It, by Dr. Brownstein. There are some risks associated with high-dose iodine as well.

Obssessedstudent

Trusted Member
Reaction score
These are the top guys:

Guy Abraham, MD, Robert Derry MD PHD, David Brownstein MD, George Flechas MD, Donald Miller, M.D.

Derry actually talks about how modern blood work is a completely inaccurate way of measuring the levels of Iodine/Iodide in the body along with the real functionality of the Thyroid etc.

Oracle

Trusted Member
Reaction score
when humans began to experiment with metals that were never part of the earth soil (we artificially extracted them from deep mines) - like mercury - they quickly realized that it's turning people into zombies
I did some research on Mercury last night, here are some links. I've put the first one first as it has an excellent doctor video that's a 9 minute watch only.
Folks,if you have amalgam fillings, get 'em out but with a Mercury safe dentist.
I'd post the video but am on mobile and it's hard,it has a part two I haven't watched yet. If someone else would care to post them that would be very kind.

15 Frightening Symptoms Of Mercury Poisoning (+ How To Get Tested) | HealYOUnaturally

Chronic Mercury poisoning

Detoxing the body from mercury

Just how dangerous is mercury, anyway? | DW | 15.01.2013

Edit: to remove anecdote.

Last edited:

6079SmithW

Trusted Member
Reaction score
when humans began to experiment with metals that were never part of the earth soil (we artificially extracted them from deep mines) - like mercury - they quickly realized that it's turning people into zombies
I did some research on Mercury last night, here are some links. I've put the first one first as it has an excellent doctor video that's a 9 minute watch only.
Folks,if you have amalgam fillings, get 'em out but with a Mercury safe dentist.
I'd post the video but am on mobile and it's hard,it has a part two I haven't watched yet. If someone else would care to post them that would be very kind.

15 Frightening Symptoms Of Mercury Poisoning (+ How To Get Tested) | HealYOUnaturally

Chronic Mercury poisoning

Detoxing the body from mercury

Just how dangerous is mercury, anyway? | DW | 15.01.2013

Edit: to remove anecdote.
I got mine out last year. I had a lot of them, and have severe migrains. I have ordered some ALA and am hoping that I can improve the situation

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
When I have time I might write up a guide on how to gently detox mercury from brain and nervous system. In the meantime, here's the protocol which I personally follow: Andy Cutler Chelation

There is some connection between iodine and mercury in the sense that mercury toxicity often prevents the body from being able to use iodine properly, because mercury shuts down the thyroid.

Onijunbei

Trusted Member
Reaction score
why is the thyroid taking oxidative damage in the first place? Why are you supplementing? Most oxidative stress comes from seed oils and plants in general, even the ones that provide Vitamin C. Vitamin C is not neccessary as an antioxidant because the human body produces Glutathione, which is the only Antioxidant that the body needs. C is a water based vitamin, the body doesnt care to hold on to extra amounts of it, like it would with A, D, E, and K. Let me repeat that so that it sinks in. The body doesnt give a shit about Vitamin C. The body doesnt need a whole lot of it, and there are trace amounts of it in all meat. All plants produce insecticides because plants dont want to be eaten. Those insecticides are chemicals harmful to the human body. Iodine might be a short term fix, but its the diet full of Oxidants that effect the Thyroid. Harmful Oxidants come from for example....Wheat, Coffee, Tea, all Seed Oils, Spinach, Broccoli, Kale (big time).... hope that helps.

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I once read that iodine can help with de-calcification of the Pineal Gland.
Fluoride is the main culprit.

If some plants have seeds that are meant to go through us or an animal and be digested, how can ALL plants be toxic?
So, meat and fruit are all we should eat?
Seems like everything is toxic from one month to the next in the media.

Also, we are said to be the only mammal on this planet that does not make its own Vitamin-C. That seems rather suspicious to me.

Oats, tomatoes, corn, spices, etc. have been consumed for tens of thousands of years by humans.

Last edited:

Onijunbei

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I once read that iodine can help with de-calcification of the Pineal Gland.
Fluoride is the main culprit.
If some plants have seeds that are meant to go through us or an animal and be digested, how can ALL plants be toxic?
So, meat and fruit are all we should eat?
Seems like everything is toxic from one month to the next in the media.
Also, we are said to be the only mammal on this planet that does not make its own Vitamin-C. That seems rather suspicious to me.
We dont need to make Vitamin C, we produce Glutathione. We have a hard time digesting seeds and plants...dont believe me, eat some corn, and then look at your shit. Fruit is a plant. Nothing wrong with small amounts, but the average American diet is extremely high in Gluten, which is a plant protein that is virtually impossible for us to break down and assimilate. Many of these plant proteins are the root cause for all auto immune diseases. All plants are toxic to the human body. Small amounts are ok, but once again people are eating extreme amounts of potatoes, corn, seed oils, high fructose fruit, etc....

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Yikes.
If thats so I may die soon.
Im lactose intolerant––we were never supposed to digest an animals milk.
Sheep and goats milk are better for me.
Are fish OK?

If we don't need Vitamin C, whats scurvy all about then?
When Magellan went around the world he brought plenty of quince jam. It saved their lives.

Last edited:

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
It's not what you eat that causes harm within its the quantities you eat of anything. Point is we seem to have lost touch with what the body is telling us it needs. The only people I've know to be in touch with their bodies requirement are the ladies in my life who have been pregnant and as they were pregnant who is to say it wasn't the baby running the show!
Edit to correct a typo

Last edited:

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Fine.
My body needs Xmas cookies, hot cocoa, and buckets of coffee.
What about the 101-year old folks that were interviewed on "60 Minutes" who ate hamburgers, drank scotch every day, and smoked like chimneys?
Nothing nutritional makes any sense other than some basics.
I believe that our soul makes an agreement with our Higher Selves to experience a long life or a short one. Its a spiritual thing.

Excerpt:

‘The trouble with the world is not that people know too little; it’s that they know so many things that just aren’t so.’

"There is no famous quote better than the Mark Twain one above that exemplifies the level of misinformation and half-truths that permeate the common understanding of human ageing and longevity."

Gold

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Cgcsforum.org has a lot of information on iodine protocol. Supposedly a body temperature lower than 98.8f indicates iodine deficiency. Some users there have dosed their way up over a long period of time starting off at 1 to 5 drops of lugol's iodine a day to a shit ton over a long time to get back to base with reported success.
Colloidal gold removes one atom of mercury from the brain per 2 atoms of gold, but it's not known if it chelates it from the body.

Oracle

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Eating fermented foods is a great way to absorb the maximum nutrients from our food. The fermentation process predigests what we eat and hence makes it easier for our stomachs to absorb . I've been having prebiotics and probiotics with every meal for the last two years or so and it's astounding the effects this has. I make them all myself, it's super easy and a lot of fun too and costs you nothing but the price of sea salt (uniodinised) and pure water.
For example , I make non alcoholic organic beetroot/papaya/pineapple Kvass as a prebiotic which I have a glass of 20 minutes before I eat and any fermented fruit or vegetable included on my plate with the main meal.
I make that particular mix of Kvass for the digestive enzymes those ingredients possess and which also encourage the release of stomach acid and pancreatic juices.
Fermented coleslaw is the easiest thing in the world to make and tastes delicious and doesn't have the highly processed mayo in it.
Some of the most obvious benefits I have found from this protocol have been a tightening and softening of my skin (took 40 years off how it looks and even removed wrinkles!!). Also improved my eyesight.
Halved the size of my morning dumps which told me I was digesting twice as much of my food as before and I became more regular. Less stomach problems, pain,indigestion etc and freedom from a threatening stomach ulcer and intestinal polyps.
Maybe too much information for some 😄
My mind became a lot clearer and brighter also and my memory improved along with my daily outlook.
I can't recommend eating this way enough it has done so much for me and is also delicious.
Sprouting and fermenting grains is a fantastic way to make wheat digestible and they smell so moreish after a few days I can never resist eating a few tablespoons before I bottle them.
Fermenting and preserving food is a passion of mine now, happy to start a thread on it somewhere if there is an interest.
Here's a good basic link to read from a quick search just now.
Your Ultimate Guide to Fermenting

This process works right down to the mitrochondria level, but I'll have to dig up the initial research articles I read two years ago before I get that deep in a thread.

IMG_20210120_115938.jpg

A kvass I started yesterday.

Edit: also bone broth, bone broth, bone broth!
Edit 2: to add pic.

Also this post by @Magnetic in another thread is relevant to this discussion I believe.
The real story of dog domestication

Here is an english translation of the website he linked.

Der Urzeit-Code

Last edited:

Mike Nolan

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I had a breakdown about ten yrs ago and could not pull myself out of the rutt for many months untill a friend put me onto detoxified iodine. I started with 2 drops a day in water and worked my way to 6 drops a day and had great success. Now when im feeling flat i do 2 drops a day for a week and feel fine.

OldWorld

Reaction score
Just so you're aware I've been reading recently about the high lead content in bone broths. As lead has an affinity for being stored in the bones of animals/humans a lot will be brought into the broth after prolonged heating.

The benefits of bone broth are well documented however if you're looking out for your health, which it looks like you are, you may want to consider regular heavy-metal chelation based upon how much you consume bone broth.

Also that Kvass is looking great! I got into making sauerkraut during lockdown as well and can confirm it's not only delicious and healthy, but a brilliant hobby, too! Next stop... kimchi!

Oracle

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Just so you're aware I've been reading recently about the high lead content in bone broths. As lead has an affinity for being stored in the bones of animals/humans a lot will be brought into the broth after prolonged heating.

The benefits of bone broth are well documented however if you're looking out for your health, which it looks like you are, you may want to consider regular heavy-metal chelation based upon how much you consume bone broth.

Also that Kvass is looking great! I got into making sauerkraut during lockdown as well and can confirm it's not only delicious and healthy, but a brilliant hobby, too! Next stop... kimchi!
Thank you, Yes it is a most rewarding activity. I use only bones from local organic grass fed animals and those of wild animals occasionally.
The leaves you can see at the top separating the fruit from the air are Comfrey by the way, an extremely useful herb banned ( of course) in my Country.