anotherlayer
SH.org OP Date
2018-08-26 19:54:08
SH.org Reaction Score
SH.org Reply Count

anotherlayer

Trusted Member
Reaction score
So, I haven't heard of this one before and it's kinda weird. Imagine you are walking through your buddy's farm and he has sheep growing on a stalk and it's just swaying around and eating the grass below, all four legs suspended. Once the grass is gone, the lamb-on-a-stalk dies and then you can drink it's yummy blood. I give you...

Vegetable Lamb of Tartary

lamb_plant1.png

Obviously this is a reference to a cotton tree but it's another lingering lost tale of the Tartarians, similar to tartar sauce. While, tartar sauce is given origin to the French, the French still named it after the Empire.
Some reading:
- Lamb of Tartary; Cibotium barometz
- Creature Feature: Lamb of Tartary
- Animal or Vegetable? Legend of the Vegetable Lamb of Tartary; Scientific American
- Fabled 'vegetable lamb' plant contains potential treatment for osteoporosis; ScienceDaily
Note: This OP was recovered from the Wayback Archive.
Note: Archived SH.org replies to this OP: Lamb of Tartary

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Timeshifter SH Archive Ghent Altarpiece Restorations Reveal the Alarmingly Humanoid Face of the Famous Mystic Lamb Animals and Creatures 0
TatarKhan Turning books into ash - Ottoman Tartary (Part 1) General 4
D Tartary is Memory-Holed Because it is Key to Understanding the Bible, End Times General 62
HELLBOY The world against Tartary? General 21
Gold Historical metallurgy and ties between China and the Middle East (the branches of Tartary) Investigation Requests 0
KD Archive SH Archive 1516: Noah in Tartary General 0
Grumpy Owl SH Archive "Tartare sauce" - did it come from Tartaria / Tartary? General 0
Archive SH Archive Sung Wong Tai and the end of the Song Dynasty caused by advancing Mongols (Tartary?) Wars and Conflicts 0
Archive SH Archive Worlds fair book and tartary globe. General 0
Archive SH Archive Nuremberg, materials for speculation and possible Tartary connection Buildings and Structures 0
Onijunbei SH Archive Tartary. A red herring? General 0
Archive SH Archive Tartary in Jefferson's Library General 5
Archive SH Archive The words of Tartary General 0
Archive SH Archive 1761 Zhe-hol: Poo-Ta-La Temple in Tartary General 0
Archive SH Archive Tartary OWL (The usual suspects) General 0
KD Archive SH Archive Crest of the Little Tartary, Three Griffins: who to ask? General 0
Archive SH Archive Are the modern Kurds also remnants of Tartary? General 0
KD Archive SH Archive Lion + Eagle = Gryphon? Tartary? Symbology 0
Archive SH Archive "If I were Lord of Tartary." A poem by Walter De La Mare, is there a Shriner connection? General 0
KD Archive SH Archive Tartary - an Empire hidden in history. It was bigger than Russia once... General 1