SH.org Reply Count

KD Archive

Not actually KorbenDallas
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Outrigger Canoe
bangka_canoe.jpg

Source
I certainly hope that everybody gets a good laugh out of this ridiculousness here. Check this "discovery" out:
madagascar_1.jpg

Source

Indonesia to Madagascar
If we go for the shortest straight line distance, we end up with 3,789 miles (6,100 km)... in a canoe.

indonesia_2.jpg

Why?
Indeed, why would our scientific community think that people from Indonesia were the first ones to set foot on Madagascar. I was able to find three reasons, so if you find any additional ones, please share.
  1. Genetics
    • Most of the genetic makeup of the average Malagasy, reflects an almost equal blend of Austronesian and Bantu, especially in coastal regions.
  2. Valiha
    • The most emblematic instrument of Madagascar, the valiha, is a bamboo tube zither carried to Madagascar by early settlers from southern Borneo, and is very similar in form to those found in Indonesia and the Philippines today.
    • Madagascar: Culture
  3. Language
Birthplace of Mankind
I totally do not believe that there is a birthplace of Humankind. At the same time our narrative has its own opinion. And I think this opinion emphasizes the ridiculousness of them Indonesians being the discoverers of Madagascar.
madagascar_4.jpg

Africa to Madagascar
265 miles
madagascar_3.jpg

Animals On Rafts Discovered
MADAGASCAR

animals.jpg

Humans in Africa were dumb, and stupid to discover Madagascar before our courageous Indonesians did. At the same time, IQ of the African wild animals was way above and beyond of any possible expectations. Wild African animals managed to get there ages before Indonesians did.

hedgehog.jpg

• The island’s isolation accounts for its peculiar fauna, but the curious thing is that Madagascar has been 250 miles from Africa for 120 million years - before the ancestors of lemurs, tenrecs, and other Madagascar denizens had even evolved.
So how did these mammals get to the island?
kd_separator.jpg

KD: I can see two hypothetical situations when such a thing as this Indonesian discovery of Madagascar could have taken place, but I do not believe either one was the cause of the Indonesian DNA ending up on Madagascar.
  • Discovered by accident:
    • Needed a male and a female in a canoe on a short trip
    • They transported ridiculous amount of drinking water
    • They got in some sort of a storm, which carried them all the way to Madagascar (3,780 miles)
      • My Conclusion: impossible, for any Indian Ocean storm would have destroyed their canoe in a split second. Additionally, I do not believe any local trip would have warranted this canoe to have enough water. There could be 10 more reasons here.

• Discovered on purpose:
    • Needed to know (200BC - 500AD) there was this Madagascar island 3,780 miles away
    • According to the official narrative this possibility ends right here
kd_separator.jpg

Our scientists ended up in a pickle twice with this Madagascar Island.
  1. Indonesian DNA on the island, which somehow was deemed to be the earliest one.​
    • This "discovery" option is not available to our scientists. I think there was a Global Civilization, and some people simply survived an event of great magnitude. The survivors happened to be Indonesians. I do not know, may be they were tourists who came to visit some prehistoric Zoo.​
  2. Mammals on the Island.This one is a funny one. Scientists claim that Madagascar was 250 miles away from Africa 120 million years before the mammals inhibiting Madagascar "evolved into existence." Here is an example of the problem our scientists had to handle:
    • Hedgehogs exist in many places, including our Madagascar. Earliest Hedgehogs "evolved" 65 million years go.
      • Question - how did hedgehogs get to Madagascar?
      • Official Answer: on a raft, or via some bridge.
Sorry, I just find this entire story to be utterly hilarious.
  • And why 200BC - 500AD? Why not 400BC - 700AD, or 50BC - 150AD, or whatever?
bs_meter_1.gif

What are your thoughts on this?
  • By the way, be careful while canoeing...
Note: This OP was recovered from the KeeperOfTheKnowledge archive.
Note: Archived Sh.org replies to this OP are included in this thread.

Whitewave

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Note: This post was recovered from the Sh.org archive.
Username: whitewave
Date: 2019-06-24 03:05:28
We could probably take everything we learned in school and put it in the sarcastic discovery files.

SuperTrouper

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: SuperTrouper
Date: 2019-06-24 03:07:21
KD, you're underestimating the power of recreational boats in crossing large bodies of water. In 2018, after two months alone at sea, a kayaker paddled solo from Australia to New Zealand. While the Tasman Sea is notoriously difficult to cross here are other examples of small boats Crossing the Ditch. This is however, only a third of the way in comparison to travelling from Indonesia to Madagascar. In all honesty, the story in your post reminds me of the movie Moana.

KD Archive

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: KorbenDallas
Date: 2019-06-24 03:11:32
Even when you know where you’re going most of these stories are BS. This specific guy here I have to post an update on. His next boating achievement dwarfs the one below:
And than we things like this, of course:

Whitewave

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Date: 2019-06-24 03:27:10
Did the 2018 kayaker bring a 2 month supply of water and provisions with him or did he have outside help?

SuperTrouper

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: SuperTrouper
Date: 2019-06-24 03:36:10
He carried dehydrated food, a magic mix of carbohydrate and protein and electrolyte drinks, according to this source.

Whitewave

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Date: 2019-06-24 04:08:17
I don't see a supply craft with him (maybe just not photographed?) but the daily minimum requirement of water for a grown man for 2 months is more than he could carry in that kayak. "Men should aim for 3.7 liters, or about 125 ounces, which is a little more than 15½ cups of water each day, according to the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine. " 125 ounces times 60 days = 7500 ounces divided by 128 (128 oz= 1 gallon) is 58.59375 gallons. One gallon of water equals 8 pounds making 59 gallons (barely rounded up) weigh 472 pounds. He looks like a healthy sized man but, in the medical (and insurance) community, an "average" man weighs 150 pounds making the total weight for kayaker and (only) his water supply weigh a total of 622 pounds. Most kayaks can carry a max capacity of 250 pounds but due to the fact that most Americans are on the heavy side, there are specialty kayaks that can carry up to 350 pounds. Maximum weight capacity means most of the kayak will be under water and anything other than perfectly still waters will be spilling over into the boat.

I'm not saying it didn't happen but, if it did happen, he had a supply boat with him. Rowing 16 hours a day is strenuous work and increases the need for calories and water. Plus, you can't sit for 16 hours a day in cramped quarters for 2 months without developing a blood clot. Maybe he rowed all day and got on the supply boat that had to be accompanying him to sleep at night? The story doesn't mention the logistics really. It did say he had to be rescued.

wizz33

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: wizz33
Date: 2019-07-01 01:36:08
the area around madagascar is famous for its long periods of no wind

Timeshifter

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: Timeshifter
Date: 2019-07-01 18:56:21
I can see the happy couple now, in their Kayak, with a band out front, plaing the bamboo bagpipes, Titanic style :D

What crock of dogger. The latest gen of Wiki A.I really are garbage arn't they...

KD Archive

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: KorbenDallas
Date: 2019-09-28 22:47:01
I guess this mystery has been solved, lol.
  • Traditional Polynesian navigation was used for thousands of years to make long voyages across thousands of miles of the open Pacific Ocean. Navigators travelled to small inhabited islands using wayfinding techniques and knowledge passed by oral tradition from master to apprentice, often in the form of song. Generally, each island maintained a guild of navigators who had very high status; in times of famine or difficulty, they could trade for aid or evacuate people to neighbouring islands. As of 2014, these traditional navigation methods are still taught in the Polynesian outlier of Taumako Island in the Solomons.
  • Polynesian navigation used some navigational instruments, which predate and are distinct from the machined metal tools used by European navigators (such as the sextant, first produced in 1730; the sea astrolabe, from around late 15th century; and the marine chronometer, invented in 1761). However, they also relied heavily on close observation of sea sign and a large body of knowledge from oral tradition.
  • Polynesian navigation - Wikipedia
KD: Explains everything, right?