jd755
SH.org OP Date
2019-03-01 11:36:03
SH.org Reaction Score
SH.org Reply Count

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Not at all sure where this thread should be posted as the content of this page covers more than one subject.

Планировка

So to be brief.
I found it whilst researching into why Popov and his mini Russian fleet went to San Francisco during the civil war from the Russian angle along with earlier articles/images relating to Russians in the San Francisco area prior to the 'gold rush'.

It is of great interest to those researching star forts.
It is of great interest to those who are researching one world planning.
It is of great interest to those who wonder just how unique the layout of Washington really is.
It is of interest to those looking to locate buildings, cities, no longer around in a time.
It is interest to those who are used to looking at old maps but not necessarily Russian versions.

A couple that jumped out at me and why.
This is Barcelona.
Look at the two strikingly different layouts of the place. Does this point to an earlier city being overlaid or expanded by a much more recent city/society/culture?

Turin.
Spectacular star fort and odd looking 'outlier' bits of fort. Possibly remnants of an earlier bigger one or strategically placed to help the star fort do whatever it was built to do?

Berlin
Not only did the three different planning layouts strike me but the orientation of the 'pointy bits' of the star fort is north, north west. Could it be in earlier days the orientation was due north?

The only title for this one is Peter. Possibly St Petersburg but I don't know.
The size of the fort is impressive in itself but within it I spotted fortifications in mid river, a min fort within the fort, the way the development outside of the fort radiates out like the spokes in a wheel, a feature not seen in other star forts I have looked at and may point to an earlier way of doing things. Then there is the three distinct square shaped road layouts each having a different 'centre' to them not to mention the big one on the left looks like a pyramid from above with each corner terminating in a mini square/pyramid.

Note: This OP was recovered from the KeeperOfTheKnowledge archive.
Note: Archived SH.org replies to this OP: Maps of cities around the world

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
FlatFact Gods and Monsters - Apocalypse of Time - The Maps General 13
kd-755 Elevation Maps in 3D Maps and Cartography 2
Huaqero 40,000 early modern maps now freely available online Maps and Cartography 8
K SH Archive Giant woman's bust statue on old maps of Cairo Investigation Requests 0
Archive SH Archive Interesting Finds on Old Japanese Maps General 0
Archive SH Archive Very Old Maps Maps and Cartography 0
Jim Duyer SH Archive The Vikings attacked Britain in 793 using maps provided by the Pope. Wars and Conflicts 0
Archive SH Archive Ancient Buddhist Maps Maps and Cartography 0
Archive SH Archive i566 and all that. Ferando Berteli maps Maps and Cartography 0
KD Archive SH Archive Vladivostok vs. Anchorage vs. Bandon - Climate Zone Maps General 0
KD Archive SH Archive 1721 - two different maps of Rome - why? Maps and Cartography 0
Archive SH Archive Mention of both Giants and Hobbits in 300 year old Japanese maps. Giants, Hobbits, Dwarves and Co 0
JWW427 The Road to the Destruction Of Star Cities General 0
Z Barbaria - the land of cities in northern Africa Maps and Cartography 0
WorldWar1812 Tassili Cities. Burnt by the Sun Buildings and Structures 1
K Straight roads, quarters of ruined cities, canals General 15
KD Archive SH Archive 18th-19th centuries: Bazookas, Rockets, Comets and Destroyed Cities General 0
Archive SH Archive Tartarian Stone Architecture & Star Cities GROWN using Erased Technology? Buildings and Structures 0
Archive SH Archive Bradford and other Tartarian cities of the north City Tours 0
Archive SH Archive Cities completely buried in sand Investigation Requests 0
KD Archive SH Archive 1530s Iceland: Reykjahlíð vs. Saxa and Scalholdin. Vanished cities? Legendary Islands and Countries 0
KD Archive SH Archive Mud Flood in Chattanooga, TN and Leavenworth, KS. Underground Cities and Tours. Mud Flood and Dust Storm Theory 0
KD Archive SH Archive Annihilated African cities, killed population, establishment lies, Timgad and the Richat Structure Atlantis General 4
KD Archive SH Archive The ghost cities of China Photographic Analysis 4
KD Archive SH Archive 1900-1915 HD quality photos of the United States cities. Is that normal? Photographic Analysis 0
KD Archive Star shaped cities, towns, and forts as evidence of the unified world of the recent past General 45
KD Archive SH Archive 1891 Monadnock Building, Chicago: still around Buildings and Structures 0
Archive SH Archive Flight around the world map, 1915 Maps and Cartography 0