Moore's law and the rise of quantum computing

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
So Moore's law was the law that said computer processors speeds would grow exponentially, with the number of transistors doubling and the price halving creating an exponential curve that would lead to a geeks wet dream in terms of processing power and then a couple of year ago it just stopped dead at 5.0ghz.

The full stop occurred at almost the same time as the advent of quantum computing, the maxim for quantum computing has always been it would not be very valuable in terms of cost efficiency until it could do more than a conventional computer.

"Quantum computing can only become viable when it can do what traditional computers can’t do"

Quantum computing is a funny beast indeed, superconductors that can only function in very extreme temps, fantastic cost and fanciful(as yet) results based on Einstein's principle of superimposition, the definition of such is,

but the principle is way more and has math that is incomprehensible to me,

Quantum computing also has a bit of the supernatural ring to it as it is neither here nor there but both at the same time but yet i can't keep coming to the thought of a super AI and that our currant situation is a data gathering exercise to provide food for this ungodly beast(sorry for the religious terms but i have nothing else).

But talking of religious terms we could in my opinion be witnessing the creation of an "Architect" for want of a better description.

This is just me and my thoughts wandering and could all be bollocks but i can't help but wonder, so please delete if not appropriate, or contribute if it hits a nerve.

Thanks

Citizenship

conductor

Trusted Member
Reaction score
But talking of religious terms we could in my opinion be witnessing the creation of an "Architect" for want of a better description.
Interesting. I have more questions and would like to hear more about your thoughts on this.

Here are my thoughts...
When I first looked into the whole quantum computing thing, my knee jerk reaction was that is was a misdirection. I don't believe the explanation they give us or the ridiculous math. I never believe ridiculous math. Anyway, that leaves the question as to what are they getting at, or what do they want us to get at? I spend a fair amount of time with the interdimensional world and wonder if they are trying to access and harness the information available there.

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I have more questions and would like to hear more about your thoughts on this.

Here are my thoughts...
When I first looked into the whole quantum computing thing, my knee jerk reaction was that is was a misdirection. I don't believe the explanation they give us or the ridiculous math. I never believe ridiculous math. Anyway, that leaves the question as to what are they getting at, or what do they want us to get at? I spend a fair amount of time with the interdimensional world and wonder if they are trying to access and harness the information available there.
Yes i too wrote it off as pie in the sky at first but they are going at it full steam ahead, my first intuition is information but as we know the ego can be bigger than life itself and those that do have always wanted a crack at being god, that is not possible in our limited mortal plane(opinion).

Control would be my second but again do they not have enough of that already.

My third(three is the majic number) is to harken back to the past, the time of the gods, the deus ex machina for want of a better expression.

We have explored such themes here before with the Artemis thread, and i still wonder if we are the product of design, if so then there must be a design for the designer, maybe this is the beginning of that search, or maybe us mere mortals trying to evolve by creating a higher form of entity that is not bound by the morals or dogma that kind of hold us back.

Damn this is a difficult subject in the philosophical sense, but i feel that the higher being/entity the most probable, mostly because it is the most arrogant, although i do fear it won't end well but those are my fears.

I also come back to the tiered civilisation theory of advanced tech that is put forward by the sci fi crowd and think that this is most likely a push towards that kind of evolutionary jump, or at least to facilitate that.

The interdivisional i do not have much knowledge of but instinctively now that the background is geometric and governed by math or algorithmic formulae(golden ratio).

There is also the AI angle to consider, if it is a true AI free from constraints then it would be considered a god, whoever is creating this i think would not let that happen as it could turn out to be as much of a danger to them, as us, far too risky!

Not much of an answer but these are my thoughts please share yours as i am very interested.

Last edited:

Chince

Trusted Member
Reaction score
i dont have much to offer here besides that most of the 'big minds' behind this stuff all moved to quantum tech as soon as it became popular. Big money isint being spent on regular transistors anymore, most of it is going towards quantum progress

edit: the potential to be the first one with a new tech is too alluring

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Looking around a bit, you get across some voices (and competent one's) calling quantum computing a big fraud and nothing-burger.
At least it works well as funding vehicle in the >8 digits range ...

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Looking around a bit, you get across some voices (and competent one's) calling quantum computing a big fraud and nothing-burger.
At least it works well as funding vehicle in the >8 digits range ...
Yes i think this could also explain the stalling of moore's law as it would be direct competition because to become viable it needs to be better, much better!

Jim Duyer

Deleted
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Site:
www.paleoaliens.com
So Moore's law was the law that said computer processors speeds would grow exponentially, with the number of transistors doubling and the price halving creating an exponential curve that would lead to a geeks wet dream in terms of processing power and then a couple of year ago it just stopped dead at 5.0ghz.

The full stop occurred at almost the same time as the advent of quantum computing, the maxim for quantum computing has always been it would not be very valuable in terms of cost efficiency until it could do more than a conventional computer.

"Quantum computing can only become viable when it can do what traditional computers can’t do"

Quantum computing is a funny beast indeed, superconductors that can only function in very extreme temps, fantastic cost and fanciful(as yet) results based on Einstein's principle of superimposition, the definition of such is,

but the principle is way more and has math that is incomprehensible to me,

Quantum computing also has a bit of the supernatural ring to it as it is neither here nor there but both at the same time but yet i can't keep coming to the thought of a super AI and that our currant situation is a data gathering exercise to provide food for this ungodly beast(sorry for the religious terms but i have nothing else).

This is just me and my thoughts wandering and could all be bollocks but i can't help but wonder, so please delete if not appropriate, or contribute if it hits a nerve.

Thanks

Citizenship
Well the thing is, first the aliens said they would share the secrets, and then they sort of fudged on it when we shut down Epstein land. Sorry, had to put that in. I believe the problem is that they were attempting to grow certain crystals of an entirely new material that was created just for that purpose, and something did not work out. I know that Intel dropped quite a bit of their research because the costs were adding up and they needed to stay ahead of the competition - so the D or development, got ahead of the R or research.

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
And just to throw a spanner in the works it seems the monopoly that intel has had over the world of cpu's apple hits back with it's own cpu.

View: https://youtu.be/OuF9weSkS68

I have just got one of these new machines and can say they are great all the performance without the heat so these cpu's may even push past 5ghz but i still think they held back artificially for this threads purpose regardless whether quantum computing is real or imagined it is still the reason why Moore's law has been suspended!

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I found this today.
It might be relevant.

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I found this today.
It might be relevant.

Interesting that Fermilab is the US equivalent of CERN.

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I found this today.
It might be relevant.
In a paper published in PRX Quantum, the team presents for the first time a demonstration of a sustained, long-distance (44 kilometers of fiber) teleportation of qubits of photons (quanta of light) with fidelity greater than 90%.
And what would be the reliability (fidelity) with thousands units in parallel, lile a "quantum computer" would need ???
More explicit, for the math / physics-challenged members on this forum (not meaning the quoted JWW427 ;-) ) :
For 1000 units it would be 0.9¹⁰⁰⁰ (0.9 to the power of 1000). Practically, zero.

The systems were designed, built, commissioned and deployed by Caltech’s public-private research program on Intelligent Quantum Networks and Technologies, or IN-Q-NET.
That sounds suspiciously similar to In-Q-Tel, the official CIA front-end company that was involved in "successful" businesses like Google and Fakebook.

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
That sounds suspiciously similar to In-Q-Tel, the official CIA front-end company that was involved in "successful" businesses like Google and Fakebook.
Might be nothing but Inqtel comes up on dnb.com as based in Virginia, CIA for sure.

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 18.53.06.png

Whereas the only hits for Inqnet come up as this,

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 18.53.24.png

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Might be nothing but Inqtel comes up on dnb.com as based in Virginia, CIA for sure.
In-Q-Tel is openly a CIA company, even Wackopedia states that. To "purchase state-of-the-art" technology, as they say ...
Checked with In-Q-Net, and found the same site. But not everybody reveals everthing (or tells you the truth) on his website ...

Gold

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I hope this isn't out of place, but, I have no input on quantum computing because before the Mandela Effect stuff started, it didn't exist in any form. It was always spoken in the same people speak of being immortal in 100-200 years right now. Then suddenly it's existed since the 70s.
I've got friends in the field for decades who were equally baffled with the same memories as me being blindsided when it suddenly had always existed.

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I hope this isn't out of place, but, ...
I assume it is - albeit I have no issues to digress.
...before the Mandela Effect stuff started, it didn't exist in any form.
I think the "Mandela effect" is just an euphemism for a gaslighting campaign. But that is my very personal opinion.

Gold

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I think the "Mandela effect" is just an euphemism for a gaslighting campaign. But that is my very personal opinion.
In some cases it certainly is.
In others, not so much. Around that same time the logos on some things in my house changed and so did scripture my family had been familiar with for years. Spooky stuff. But I don't wanna derail the topic, I'm just curious if anyone else who's worked in that field for a long time has a similar experience to my friends and I.

Whitewave

Trusted Member
Reaction score
In some cases it certainly is.
In others, not so much. Around that same time the logos on some things in my house changed and so did scripture my family had been familiar with for years. Spooky stuff. But I don't wanna derail the topic, I'm just curious if anyone else who's worked in that field for a long time has a similar experience to my friends and I.
Yes, many of us have experienced the Mandela effect. We have a thread on this site about it.