SH Archive Motivation behind the global deception?

SH.org OP Username
mythstifieD
SH.org OP Date
2018-07-07 18:14:30
SH.org Reaction Score
SH.org Reply Count

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Hello all! Just discovered this amazing forum and within 30 minutes you folks have me questioning everything! Some of this stuff I've never heard before, I never once considered that Plato would be a fiction, or Pompeii was far more modern than claimed.

It's ALWAYS bugged me that the so called renaissance was when mankind decided to do stuff again after sleeping for over 1000 years. Wouldn't it be more believable that it was actually a steady development and mastery of skills starting, say, around 1000 "ad"? Thinking of it that way makes more sense, instead of believing that the ancient Egyptians, who apparently built astounding pyramids, couldn't grasp the concept of perspective in paintings...

So I just had to join in the fun. I don't have any original research at this point so I'm just going to wander in here like a 4 year old and ask the most important question..

WHY?

Is something being hidden? Why bother making up 1000s of years? What's the point? Did some important guy start dating things that far back and no one wanted to hurt his feelings? /s

Of course it can't be that simple. It would require coordination to keep history a mystery. Secret societies would certainly be my first suspects.

But again, what's the motivation to do this? Some of the evidence presented really makes me wonder. Especially that map without Rome in it, or the surgical tools in Pompeii.
Note: This OP was recovered from the Maxine archive.
Note: Archived SH.org replies to this OP: Motivation behind the global deception?

mega1000

Trusted Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that a South Park episode based on the 9/11 terror attacks point out the truth to me. A global organization seeking out power will try to legitimize themselves by presenting themselves as both older and more powerful than they are. They organize conspiracies that make them appear to be a thousands of years old organization tricking people thinking that the Earth is Flat and hiding the existence of civilizations when in fact the organization only came about in the 20th century.

mega1000

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Progress didn't stop because Rome fell, it slowed to a trickle. For example from the 1200s on gunpowder found their way onto the battlefield. You'll be surprised how much money has influenced the world. (I'm a capitalist if you're wondering.) A skilled craftsman doesn't forget his knowledge because he's not doing, but works harder when he's paid for it. That is how a lot of the knowledge and experience of the world vanished.

Users who are viewing this thread