New Rules on Thread Derailing

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As a new rule, we will now solve thread derailing in the following way:
  • Users who repeatedly derail or do not respect the netiquette will be temporarily or permanently banned from a given thread, depending on the moderator decision
  • Irrelevant parts in a given thread will be moved into the trusted members area, where they are invisible to the general public but visible to the trusted members of our community (currently around 200). Nothing will get deleted, except insults or spam.
  • The moved thread will either stay unlocked or get locked depending on moderator decision
The new rule also solves the problem of people accusing us of censorship in our forum, since sometimes we had to delete certain posts to stop thread derailing.

From now on, off-topic posts won't get deleted anymore. Instead, we will move inappropriate content into the Inappropriate and Moved Threads Subforum, where all trusted members (the core of our community) can evaluate our decisions and transparently see what's going on.

tobyahnah

Banned
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As a new rule, we will now solve thread derailing in the following way:
  • Users who repeatedly derail or do not respect the netiquette will be temporarily or permanently banned from a given thread, depending on the moderator decision
  • Irrelevant parts in a given thread will be moved into the trusted members area, where they are invisible to the general public but visible to the trusted members of our community (currently around 200). Nothing will get deleted, except insults or spam.
  • The moved thread will either stay unlocked or get locked depending on moderator decision
The new rule also solves the problem of people accusing us of censorship in our forum, since sometimes we had to delete certain posts to stop thread derailing.

From now on, off-topic posts won't get deleted anymore. Instead, we will move inappropriate content into the Inappropriate and Moved Threads Subforum, where all trusted members (the core of our community) can evaluate our decisions and transparently see what's going on.
Please define 'derail'. To me nothing is unrelated to everything else: that is why I am here in the first place. Capice?

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
For myself I'd much rather have a moderator decide on what constitutes derailing on a post by post basis rather than a hard rule that must be obeyed.

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
@tobyahnah Since you just gave a perfect example, simply writing 'OK' as a reaction to an OP is spammy, and thread derailing. I deleted your post.

Screenshot_20210411_201603.png

Tips
Tips
Please respect our Posting Rules.

Users who are viewing this thread