Timeshifter
SH.org OP Date
2019-10-21 20:29:51
SH.org Reaction Score
SH.org Reply Count

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Note: This post was recovered from the Sh.org archive.
Username: HulkSmash
Date: 2019-10-29 18:26:49
It does not look like a pig to me, but it does look a lot like a monkey. I supposed it could be a lamb, but looks strange to me. Whatever creature it may be is certainly very small. If its a lamb, its gotta be a baby. Its about as big as Christs head. Was Christ into eating baby animals?

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Username: Starmonkey
Date: 2019-10-29 21:49:41
If you guys just had a Horse (Bojack) and a Monk, you could start the Journey to the West...
OMG! Are they eating the Golden Monkey?!?!?!
?

Jim Duyer

Deleted
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Site:
www.paleoaliens.com
Username: Jim Duyer
Date: 2019-10-29 21:53:56
OK. Let's look at the biblical history so that we can find the associated theme that these nuns might have been alluding to. One reason I say that it is a pig, and an insult, and not a lamb or sheep, or a monkey, is this:

John 21:15
"When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."

John 21:16
"Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."

John 21:17
"The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep."

And "take care of" does not mean - baste them well, marinate them, and cook slowly over 375 degrees until they are tender; it means that to him the people of his flock were the human sheep that he cared for. Although they were most specifically Jews and not Gentiles, as we learn from some of his other lessons.

In conclusion, all of them would be insults - pig, monkey, lamb, all would be poking fun at Jesus, since they are placed in the position of the primary course of the meal which Jesus was host at. And Christians would know this, especially Nuns. That's why I claim - what the heck is up with these nuns?

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: codis
Date: 2019-10-30 06:22:08
And, if with the head, then at least with the ears cut off. They are much larger and thinner than pig ears, and burn (turn black) before the rest of the meat is well cooked. The presence, and size of the ears suggest the painted animal is a piglet.

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Username: dianag
Date: 2019-10-30 15:38:04
It doesn't really matter if it is a pig or a lamb at the table. Since the painting is out of her imagination based on a story and characters from the Bible. Notice that she is either the originator of this painting or the others who did this painting are copying her work depending on the timeline.

People in the Biblical period did not sit at an elevated table, like we do today. The table was close to the floor. They reclined on the floor, couch or rug. Since most had to travel long distances by foot it was a custom for the host to wash the feet of the guest. You can just image having someones dirty and possibly stinky feet near your face while trying to eat and visit with your friends. No Bueno!

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Date: 2019-10-30 15:45:13
The Rainbow Gathering of old...
Much of the European and Asian art seems to modern for that subject matter. Kind of like "Ancient Rome", killers of Jesus and the "Catholic Church" being ANY different from one another, EXCEPT in outward appearance. "Sleight of hand". One hand doesn't know what the other is doing...
?
Postures and mannerisms misrepresented or out of place are good indicators. We know how much people are into the fashions and trends of the time. STYLE.

Jim Duyer

Deleted
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Site:
www.paleoaliens.com
Date: 2019-10-30 21:39:10
I'm sorry to disagree but the fact that both she and the other nuns in her group had been indoctrinated since childhood, and all knew that both pigs and lambs would be heretical, is what makes this a suspect for possibly containing hidden meaning which we should search for. Would you draw a picture of Washington crossing the Delaware and show crap stains on the US flag? No, probably not. And that's as much due to upbringing and a sense of respect as it is the patriotism that is instilled in us. There is something to be gleaned from that image, and if we can not collectively determine what it is, then we should at least hold it nearby for another look and talk after our brains have had a chance to change gears.
Just my two cents. For the record, I will keep looking in my spare time (whatever that is).

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Date: 2019-10-30 22:49:51
Why not try to contact them and ask?...
IMO it's a baby capybara
Post automatically merged:

Who are SUPER CUTE when they ride through the water on mom's back...

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Username: dianag
Date: 2019-10-31 00:09:08
Yes it would have to be a very new baby capybara. I saw an adult female who looked to be about 150 pounds and stood about 3-4' tall.

EUAFU

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: EUAFU
Date: 2019-10-31 00:21:12
Nothing new. The Western world has jumped once and for all into the precipice of political correctness and in their view it is an affront that women have not done the same as men in the past. So now works by "female artists" will appear by the thousands, in a next step will be works of transvestites and finally works of transgender Renaissance. It is not enough to rewrite history now they are rewriting history already rewriting.

Well, if anyone doubts that they rewrite history this "work" is one of the greatest evidences of this. It is clearly a modern work trying to pass for old. It is so shameful that it reminded me of an alleged lost book by Nostradamus with medieval illustrations that was featured on the History Channel a few years ago.

Jim Duyer

Deleted
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Site:
www.paleoaliens.com
Date: 2019-10-31 00:25:43
Examine the writing in the upper left hand corner of the painting
These letters in Latin give us:
A = occurs 4 times in that text
L = 3 times
p = 3
Latin alapa = blow with the flat of the hand, slap, smack, box the ear
(Vowels are always able to be reused, in secret writing)
T = 3
R = 3
U = 2
S = 1
truso = to push often, to push strongly
I = 2
0 = 2
E = 1
C = 1
eicio = to fling, to drive out, to extract, to expel,

OR: IF YOU PAINT A PIG OR OTHER UNCLEAN ANIMAL IN A PLATE IN FRONT OF JESUS, You will be hit and smacked; and if you push too often or strongly, you will be thrown or driven out (of the convent I presume).

I could be off by a bit, but isn't it a start?

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Date: 2019-10-31 00:30:06
Maybe it's predicting the future "science" of dissection. Fetal pigs were about the most disgusting. Except parasites are CREEPY.
?
On another tack, nobody seems to be getting down to eat. So that agrees with the perspective that no one has any intention of EATING that thing, whatever it is.
Could be the Montauk monster time traveling, for all we know.

The two "main characters" also look SAD. Maybe that's the illegitimate baby Jesus and Mary supposedly "never had".

Or maybe that little manbearpig represents "native", "savage" or "heathen" peoples of the world, and the EMPIRE is continuing the FEAST.

DanFromMN

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: DanfromMN
Date: 2020-04-27 19:45:51
Well.... it looks more like a humanoid type creature to me than a pig or lamb or anything edible to sensible folk.

Users who are viewing this thread