KorbenDallas
SH.org OP Date
2019-01-24 10:03:12
SH.org Reaction Score
SH.org Reply Count

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Note: This post was recovered from the Sh.org archive.
Username: jd755
Date: 2020-02-23 10:00:42
Fair enough. For me finding out what this place is where it is how it works why it is, the size of it, its limits, if it has limits, trumps everyday life as my everyday life has been for best part of five decades been spent chasing 'the root of all evil' an utterly pointless endeavour, in my experience.

As for SpaceX my money is on all video being cgi, watched too many at 1/4 speed than is good for me and you cannot fail to see it. Bezos Musk Branson are all playing the same role in the space theatre. Bransons video's feature a real world plane that actually flies as far as I can tell though not totally convinced the video of the 'edge of space' vehicle separating is pure cgi.

EUAFU

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Note: This post was recovered from the Sh.org archive.
Username: EUAFU
Date: 2020-02-23 10:17:28
The supposed billions of micrometeorites at speeds of thousands of kilometers per second that never reach the ISS or space shuttles and satellites are not intriguing either. Well, not really.
They need to keep the lie about space and traveling to it for a simple reason: they need to keep the Billions of years of "evolution" standing, without which there is no "biological evolution, aliens, outer space and Space Command. of the USA will not have a justification for facing meteors (every day since 2019 one passes by scraping the Earth) and even less creating Starshiptroppers to kill aliens there in 2050 (I want to live to see the excitement of the public).

GreenBunny87

Trusted Member
Reaction score
SpaceX Falcon 9 landing Sci-Fi and Reality 1959-2016

"The future is now"
Maybe the future was --- way back when... or always was and always has been.

Maybe I've watched too many scifi movies over the years but unless I were to see that at a reasonably close distance with my own eyes, I just do not believe that isn't cgi

Prolix

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Branson's reached the "edge of space" (couldn't he just go that bit further?):

In the BBC clip, he tells us "I've done some ridiculous things in my lifetime. That's truly truly truly ridiculous". What, ridiculous in a "You can tell it's real, because it looks fake" way?

And how truly truly truly ridiculous was his achievement? From the comments: "Reached an altitude of 53.5 miles. 50 miles is considered to be space in the United States. Other countries use the Karman Line at 62 miles". So variably ridiculous, depending on where you live.

trentcroad

Reaction score
The patches on his arms :LOL:
photo_2021-07-12 12.08.10.jpeg

Prolix

Trusted Member
Reaction score
And now, Bezos in Space! I keep thinking Swinetrek.

Tips
Tips
Please respect our Posting Rules.

Users who are viewing this thread