Star Fort Bits and Pieces

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Here is another folder of odds and sods from my star fort collection.
Remember that no one has found proper elevations or architectural drawings with measurements, only completed forts or zig-zag siege trench drawings for attackers. I presume there may be some hidden away in European archives, but Ive searched high and low only to find more of the same. (For French siege trench illustration, watch the movie Last of the Mohicans).

When I cannot find a location or name I use my own descriptions.
The drawing in Latin (Schem Latin) is a very interesting image. It has to do with cosmology and may be a key to understanding what star forts may have been about originally.

Ak yourself: Why were some moats water-filled and some were dry?
Why are some forts and fortified towns so darn complex? Angle of fire, killing zones, curtain walls, dead end traps, cannon embrasures, and interlocking depth of defense walls and bastions can only explain so much. As a military historian Im baffled by much of it. Mainstream books always just show you pictures and the text just talks about Marquis de Vauban, kings, generals, strategies, and battle history. And NOTHING else.

Sacred geometry was a given when constructing forts, and many of the drawing may have been new idea sketches.
No subject with as much beauty, harmony, and complexity has ever stirred my soul such as this one. Deux ex machina.

Attachments

Last edited:

windmilljoe

Reaction score
As for the star-cities they seem to me to stem from a time when people knew how to live in harmony with the Earth, maybe had to inhabit parts of the world that where damaged energetically or simply not suitable/intended for humans. They connected with the Earth and the cosmic energies to create harmony and regenerate it at the same time. The buildings made from materials that let the energy flow freely through the buildings and all that lived in it. Happy people, happy Earth. Everything positive can be used negatively and to me that seems the case as the world is very far removed from living in harmony with the world at large. The study of Geomancy is fascinating and it is obvious to me that with disturbing the energy flows of Earth and the cosmos we have descended to where we are now, mostly crap societies, etc. If a Dark Soul/psychopath can cut of a healthy energy flow of say a city, the inhabitants grow weaker and it makes it easier to conquer. Combine that with infiltration in a society and you don't need much man-power to corrupt a group of people. The Earth will get out of balance and all the things that occurred over the millennia simply hark back to not being in balance.

Lightseeker

Trusted Member
Reaction score
As for the star-cities they seem to me to stem from a time when people knew how to live in harmony with the Earth, maybe had to inhabit parts of the world that where damaged energetically or simply not suitable/intended for humans. They connected with the Earth and the cosmic energies to create harmony and regenerate it at the same time. The buildings made from materials that let the energy flow freely through the buildings and all that lived in it. Happy people, happy Earth. Everything positive can be used negatively and to me that seems the case as the world is very far removed from living in harmony with the world at large. The study of Geomancy is fascinating and it is obvious to me that with disturbing the energy flows of Earth and the cosmos we have descended to where we are now, mostly crap societies, etc. If a Dark Soul/psychopath can cut of a healthy energy flow of say a city, the inhabitants grow weaker and it makes it easier to conquer. Combine that with infiltration in a society and you don't need much man-power to corrupt a group of people. The Earth will get out of balance and all the things that occurred over the millennia simply hark back to not being in balance.
Why would we need to live in harmony with Earth and the universe around us? Let's just believe and worship anything spouted by Michio Kaku and Brian Cox instead.

windmilljoe

Reaction score
Why would we need to live in harmony with Earth and the universe around us? Let's just believe and worship anything spouted by Michio Kaku and Brian Cox instead.
I, spy, sarcasm...

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
One of the biggest questions we need to ask is why each fort is unique.
Why not a standardized schematic?
Why go to the expense by building a complex new design each time?

This complex bastion design makes no military sense at all.
It does however make a lot of hydraulic sense. Perhaps flood control.

H.jpeg

Lightseeker

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I, spy, sarcasm...
Yes, indeed I was being sarcastic.