Star Fort McHenry

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
This continues my research into the star fort / star city phenomenon. This is an excerpt from a report I'm writing.
As a military historian Ill say they mostly make no sense. What does anymore?
Case in point:

Fort McHenry siege in 1814.
History books tell us the famous fort survived because the British did not land troops at Baltimore, but they did have mortar ships and the newfangled rocket vessel HMS Erebus. The fort was bombarded mercilessly but never surrendered, the American ground forces too great in number.
A star city or star town in its place would have been destroyed wholesale––solid shot, hotshot, and explosive shells are very effective. Large caliber siege mortars would have pummeled buildings into dust, the earthworks, bastions, and glacis walls be damned. The earthworks, glacis walls, bastions, and bunkers would have survived, the soft soil very absorbing of large explosive impacts.
I’ll say it again, why build more forts of varying “star designs”? Why are all forts UNIQUE? Every single one. What, no standardization in military technology whatsoever? I find that very odd as well.
Certain star forts made pretty good defensive positions on occasion, they even made history now and then, but were they truly effective when viewed as a whole? There are some very strange designs all over the world, and most––not all––make very little sense tactically, defensively, or strategically.

fm.jpeg

Let us use my handy-dandy analogy for further thought.
A heavy-duty commercial truck is designed to haul large amounts of goods and materials. In wartime, large trucks were sometimes converted to carry a wide variety of weapons and troops, their sides armored with steel plates. This was not the original design concept of the vehicle, but the ad hoc conversion proved fairly effective, especially in the Vietnam War. It’s also common in Middle East conflicts today.
Given that, were star forts converted civilian structures pressed into war service?

guntruck.jpeg

Baltimore’s artistic Fort McHenry holds a special place in U.S. history. Francis Scott Key was inspired to write the Star Spangled Banner about it. Or so we are told. (It was based on an old, bawdy English drinking song by the by). The fort does not have very high walls, and only one disconnected north ravelin (Blue arrows). Why not build three more defensive ravelins? There’s plenty of real estate. It makes no sense, my dear SH members.

The five severely pinched and pointed bastions made it very hard for carriage-mounted naval cannon to be aimed or traversed, and I saw this in person (The bigger guns today are 1860’s vintage, don’t be fooled by so-called National Park “historians.”) There is no reason to “pinch” a bastion (Yellow arrows) at all in that fashion. Below is an 1812 vintage carriage gun. It does not traverse very much, only a few degrees behind its embraseur. Limiting your traverse by building this type of point bastion is impractical. It’s a bad design.

Many of us new-wave historians believe the fort was probably some kind of electromagnetic power storage and amplification facility for old Baltimore originally. Only later was it probably restored and made into a military outpost with barracks, powder magazines, and cannons, and perhaps out of sheer ignorance of its older original function. Imagine the fort with no flag or buildings, it’s a beautiful organic design, like a flower. (Starforts also resemble snowflakes under a microscope). Are the underlying foundations hundreds of years old, or thousands? I’m a proud American, but this fort is absolutely substandard even for 1812. Traditional military historians can make all the excuses they want, but they cannot explain away all of the anaomalous irregularities and nonsensical fort designs.

fm2.jpeg

cannon.jpeg

An aside: In 1804, did President Thomas Jefferson task Meriwether Lewis and William Clark to find not only a navigable passage to the Pacific, but also to map any ancient constructions along the way? It’s a bold question to ask ourselves. All three men were Freemasons. (Jefferson was a “ghost” member. Oh yes he was!).
The Freemasons started out after the Roman Empire collapse as secretive guilds for highly skilled stone masons, a group much needed in the construction of cathedrals, star forts, and cities since they had construction information from many older high civilizations. The tradition of building sacred/holy structures with applied sacred (euclidian) geometry was continued into the middle ages by the Knights Templar, who envisioned their churches as microcosms of the world. The “Templar” Freemasons have since grown into a big set of secret societies since those times. Why so clandestine? Are the techniques, peoples, architecture, and technology of the Star Civilization one of their biggest secrets? At least amongst their senior elite members? It makes sense to me. The world is awash in secret societies, and I urge the reader to do your own research, arrive at your own conclusions, and think for yourself. And I mean on everything.

On the Ground:
Here are some of my photos.

IMG_2335.jpg IMG_2331.jpg IMG_2343.jpg IMG_2358.jpg

The Orpheus statue has a weird occult and Freemason vibe.
I personally think all those classical gods and goddesses represent the same Sumerian gods of the Annunaki that are worshipped by
the darkness-loving, regressive PTB folks of our world. They are everywhere, especially on courthouses and US government buildings. Europe is rife with them. Ask yourself: WHY?
Freemasonry is founded upon goddess worship. "Columbia." "Innana." "Hekate" "Catherine of the Wheel."

Here's an excerpt from the NPS website:

page1image1368358640
orpheus.jpeg

The History
"These are questions that are asked by visitors at Fort McHenry. He is none other than the Greek mythological hero of music and poetry “Orpheus.” This classical monument is dedicated to Francis Scott Key and the soldiers and sailors who took part
in the Battle of North Point and the defense of Fort McHenry during the War of 1812.

The Monument. The Sculptor.
In 1914, Congress appropriated $75,000 for a monument at Fort McHenry to mark the centennial of the writing
of “The Star-Spangled Banner” and
the defense of Baltimore. A national competition was held by the “Fine Arts Commission” on May 28, 1916. One of the 34 entries was a design by Charles H. Niehaus. His work, called Orpheus with the Awkward Foot was chosen.
There was a delay erecting the statue due to World War I. Finally, the statue was
The monument consists of a 15-foot
high circular base made of white marble. Decorated with a frieze in low relief, the base is surmounted by a 24-foot high figure of Orpheus in bronze, shown playing a five-stringed tortoise-shell lyre. The frieze starts with a portrait shield of Key and the dedication, then continues around the drum of the base with a representation of the classic muses paying honor to the army and navy.

The sculptor, Charles H. Niehaus was born in 1855 in Cincinnati, Ohio. He
was an influential late 19th century neo- classical sculptor. His early training
was at the Royal Academy in Munich, Germany. He also studied in Rome, Italy. He returned to the United States in 1885 and by the 1890’s he was in constant demand as a sculptor. His work on the doors of the Library of Congress in Washington and his Astor Memorial doors of Trinity Church in New York City helped establish his reputation.

He expressed a very reformed and pure naturalism which was much in demand.
completed and a dedication was held on Flag Day, June, 14, 1922. The ceremony was attended by President Warren G. Harding.
The statue was originally placed in the middle of the entrance road with a circular drive around it. In 1962, Orpheus was relocated to the present site.
Work started on November 4, 1920 and was completed on June 1, 1922 as the bronze statue was lowered onto the pedestal. In 1928, Congress compensated Charles Niehaus for $33,121 in cost overruns.
There was so much interest in his work that he was awarded more federal commissions than any other sculptor.

Mythology
The son of a king of Thrace and the muse Calliope, Orpheus was the artful poet, musician and singer of Greek Mythology. His beautiful, young bride was Eurydice.
Eurydice would shortly have the misfortune of stepping on a snake and dying from the venom. With his lyre, Orpheus went to the Underworld to plead with its ruler, Hades, for her release. With his sweet music he was able to persuade Hades to release Eurydice.
The marble base bears a medallion honoring Francis Scott Key, flanked
by a procession of allegorical figures. The pedestal contains a time capsule filled with documents of patriotic and historical interest. Although the time capsule was opened in 1962, there are no plans to open it in the future.
Hades agreed that Eurydice could return on one condition: that Orpheus should not look at her until both had left the Underworld. He guided his wife through the dark with the music of his lyre. But his longing to look at her overcame him. He turned to embrace her, only to see her slip back into Hades.

The inscription on the base reads:
To Francis Scott Key - Author of the Star Spangled Banner and to the soldiers and sailors who took part in the Battle of North Point and the defense of Fort McHenry in the War of 1812."

Wow, another odd sculptor. A depressing story. Freemason President Warren G. Harding.
Do we even think Francis Scott Key even existed?
The Banner was based on an old bawdy British drinking song to boot.
I think the myriad secret societies and the PTB associated with them know exactly what these forts were and still are.
Give me a Waveform Tester to test for electromagnetism and Ill show you some odd findings at McHenry.
History is a LIE.

Last edited:

Jim Duyer

Deleted
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Site:
www.paleoaliens.com
This continues my research into the star fort / star city phenomenon. This is an excerpt from a report I'm writing.
Case in point:

History books tell us the famous fort survived because the British did not land troops at Baltimore, but they did have mortar ships and the newfangled rocket vessel HMS Erebus. The fort was bombarded mercilessly but never surrendered, the American ground forces too great in number.
A star city or star town in its place would have been destroyed wholesale––solid shot, hotshot, and explosive shells are very effective. Large caliber siege mortars would have pummeled buildings into dust, the earthworks, bastions, and glacis walls be damned. The earthworks, glacis walls, bastions, and bunkers would have survived, the soft soil very absorbing of large explosive impacts.
I’ll say it again, why build more forts of varying “star designs”? Why are all forts UNIQUE? Every single one. What, no standardization in military technology whatsoever? I find that very odd as well.
Certain star forts made pretty good defensive positions on occasion, they even made history now and then, but were they truly effective when viewed as a whole? There are some very strange designs all over the world, and most––not all––make very little sense tactically, defensively, or strategically.

View attachment 253

A heavy-duty commercial truck is designed to haul large amounts of goods and materials. In wartime, large trucks were sometimes converted to carry a wide variety of weapons and troops, their sides armored with steel plates. This was not the original design concept of the vehicle, but the ad hoc conversion proved fairly effective, especially in the Vietnam War. It’s also common in Middle East conflicts today.
Given that, were star forts converted civilian structures pressed into war service?

View attachment 254

Baltimore’s artistic Fort McHenry holds a special place in U.S. history. Francis Scott Key was inspired to write the Star Spangled Banner about it. Or so we are told. (It was based on an old, bawdy English drinking song by the by). The fort does not have very high walls, and only one disconnected north ravelin (Blue arrows). Why not build three more defensive ravelins? There’s plenty of real estate. It makes no sense, my dear SH members.

The five severely pinched and pointed bastions made it very hard for carriage-mounted naval cannon to be aimed or traversed, and I saw this in person (The bigger guns today are 1860’s vintage, don’t be fooled by so-called National Park “historians.”) There is no reason to “pinch” a bastion (Yellow arrows) at all in that fashion. Below is an 1812 vintage carriage gun. It does not traverse very much, only a few degrees behind its embraseur. Limiting your traverse by building this type of point bastion is impractical. It’s a bad design.

Many of us new-wave historians believe the fort was probably some kind of electromagnetic power storage and amplification facility for old Baltimore originally. Only later was it probably restored and made into a military outpost with barracks, powder magazines, and cannons, and perhaps out of sheer ignorance of its older original function. Imagine the fort with no flag or buildings, it’s a beautiful organic design, like a flower. (Starforts also resemble snowflakes under a microscope). Are the underlying foundations hundreds of years old, or thousands? I’m a proud American, but this fort is absolutely substandard even for 1812. Traditional military historians can make all the excuses they want, but they cannot explain away all of the anaomalous irregularities and nonsensical fort designs.

View attachment 255

View attachment 256

An aside: In 1804, did President Thomas Jefferson task Meriwether Lewis and William Clark to find not only a navigable passage to the Pacific, but also to map any ancient constructions along the way? It’s a bold question to ask ourselves. All three men were Freemasons. (Jefferson was a “ghost” member. Oh yes he was!).
The Freemasons started out after the Roman Empire collapse as secretive guilds for highly skilled stone masons, a group much needed in the construction of cathedrals, star forts, and cities since they had construction information from many older high civilizations. The tradition of building sacred/holy structures with applied sacred (euclidian) geometry was continued into the middle ages by the Knights Templar, who envisioned their churches as microcosms of the world. The “Templar” Freemasons have since grown into a big set of secret societies since those times. Why so clandestine? Are the techniques, peoples, architecture, and technology of the Star Civilization one of their biggest secrets? At least amongst their senior elite members? It makes sense to me. The world is awash in secret societies, and I urge the reader to do your own research, arrive at your own conclusions, and think for yourself. And I mean on everything.

On the Ground:

View attachment 264View attachment 266View attachment 267View attachment 268

I personally think all those classical gods and goddesses represent the same Sumerian gods of the Annunaki that are worshipped by
the darkness-loving, regressive PTB folks of our world. They are everywhere, especially on courthouses and US government buildings. Europe is rife with them. Ask yourself: WHY?
Freemasonry is founded upon goddess worship. "Columbia." "Innana." "Hekate" "Catherine of the Wheel."

View attachment 263View attachment 269

The History
"These are questions that are asked by visitors at Fort McHenry. He is none other than the Greek mythological hero of music and poetry “Orpheus.” This classical monument is dedicated to Francis Scott Key and the soldiers and sailors who took part
in the Battle of North Point and the defense of Fort McHenry during the War of 1812.

In 1914, Congress appropriated $75,000 for a monument at Fort McHenry to mark the centennial of the writing
the defense of Baltimore. A national competition was held by the “Fine Arts Commission” on May 28, 1916. One of the 34 entries was a design by Charles H. Niehaus. His work, called Orpheus with the Awkward Foot was chosen.
There was a delay erecting the statue due to World War I. Finally, the statue was
high circular base made of white marble. Decorated with a frieze in low relief, the base is surmounted by a 24-foot high figure of Orpheus in bronze, shown playing a five-stringed tortoise-shell lyre. The frieze starts with a portrait shield of Key and the dedication, then continues around the drum of the base with a representation of the classic muses paying honor to the army and navy.

was an influential late 19th century neo- classical sculptor. His early training
was at the Royal Academy in Munich, Germany. He also studied in Rome, Italy. He returned to the United States in 1885 and by the 1890’s he was in constant demand as a sculptor. His work on the doors of the Library of Congress in Washington and his Astor Memorial doors of Trinity Church in New York City helped establish his reputation.

completed and a dedication was held on Flag Day, June, 14, 1922. The ceremony was attended by President Warren G. Harding.
The statue was originally placed in the middle of the entrance road with a circular drive around it. In 1962, Orpheus was relocated to the present site.
Work started on November 4, 1920 and was completed on June 1, 1922 as the bronze statue was lowered onto the pedestal. In 1928, Congress compensated Charles Niehaus for $33,121 in cost overruns.
There was so much interest in his work that he was awarded more federal commissions than any other sculptor.

Mythology
The son of a king of Thrace and the muse Calliope, Orpheus was the artful poet, musician and singer of Greek Mythology. His beautiful, young bride was Eurydice.
Eurydice would shortly have the misfortune of stepping on a snake and dying from the venom. With his lyre, Orpheus went to the Underworld to plead with its ruler, Hades, for her release. With his sweet music he was able to persuade Hades to release Eurydice.
by a procession of allegorical figures. The pedestal contains a time capsule filled with documents of patriotic and historical interest. Although the time capsule was opened in 1962, there are no plans to open it in the future.
Hades agreed that Eurydice could return on one condition: that Orpheus should not look at her until both had left the Underworld. He guided his wife through the dark with the music of his lyre. But his longing to look at her overcame him. He turned to embrace her, only to see her slip back into Hades.

To Francis Scott Key - Author of the Star Spangled Banner and to the soldiers and sailors who took part in the Battle of North Point and the defense of Fort McHenry in the War of 1812."

Wow, another odd sculptor. A depressing story. Freemason President Warren G. Harding.
I think the myriad secret societies and the PTB associated with them know exactly what these forts were and still are.
Give me a Waveform Tester to test for electromagnetism and Ill show you some odd findings at McHenry.
History is a LIE.
Very thorough. Congratulations. My only thought was that, perhaps to a military man trained in Calvary, those yellow arrows point to locations where horse-mounted troops could be caught in a cross-fire from the two sides of that zone. But what do I know, I was in the Navy.

BStankman

Trusted Member
Reaction score
All three men were Freemasons. (Jefferson was a “ghost” member. Oh yes he was!).
Do you have evidence on Jefferson not available to the rest of us?
They really want to claim him.

The question of whether or not Thomas Jefferson was a Mason has been argued for two hundred years. Most Masonic scholars take the position that he was not a Mason because there is no contemporary evidence that he ever belonged to a lodge of Freemasons. Most of the claims of his membership are based on his close associations with so many other Masons:

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion. I should have made that clear.
I have no evidence other than his writings, philosophy, and deeds which strongly suggest a secret society involvement.
Are we to trust mainstream "Freemasonic scholars"?
Why wouldn't he be one if the other Founding Fathers were?
I went to the Univ. of Virginia, his namesake school, founded around the central library, not a church like all the other USA colleges in 1819. The word is he helped create some of the secret societies there. He knew religion was a foul tool of the PTB at that time.

"The 7 Society," "IMP," and one I cant remember.
In those days, the Freemasons were more positive and enlightened than today, they were a threat to The Church.
From his writings, I feel I know him...

Last edited:

BStankman

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I have no evidence other than his writings, philosophy, and deeds which strongly suggest a secret society involvement.
I went to the Univ. of Virginia, his namesake school, founded around the central library, not a church like all the other USA colleges in 1819. The word is he helped create some of the secret societies there. He knew religion was a foul tool of the PTB at that time.

In those days, the Freemasons were more positive and enlightened than today, they were a threat to The Church.
Fair enough. No I don't trust masonic scholars, but I am aware they have access to a different version of history.
And possibly the true records of Lewis and Clark.
My opinion is Jefferson has the character of the American civilization that existed prior to the 1776/1812 invasions.
If he were a mason, I assume he would have left us a clue in one of his portraits.

I agree, the ravelin pointed northeast makes little strategic sense. Unless of course if the invasion was expected to come from Philadelphia.

This 1814 battle map seems to show Baltimore was a starcity in disrepair, like many others on the east coast at that time. With McHenry being just a satellite of something much bigger.

photo6-lg.jpg

The Francis Scott Key connection is also an interesting one. It is quite possible he never existed, and is just some kind of code that there was treasury here.

1e7ad74ac0c8a274511af9893247f340--freemason-symbols-masonic-jewelry.jpg

This would be an image of what they claim as the original star spangled banner, and a contemporary illustration of McHenry.

a622013b22a35ebf07d61fee8f1de180.jpg 140908-A-DS407-002.JPG
And these guys are in possession a different version of the US flag for this time. Highly prized in a shrine for some reason.

Last edited:

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Thats good work, Mr Stankman.
Perhaps Jefferson was a secret society unto himself.
Another mystery is who was Count Saint Germain, a friend of Marquis de Lafayette.

In regards to Jim Duyer, the whole "killing zone" excuse Ive found in all the star fort books I can lay a hand on is valid, but its an overused explanation. When you look at the tens of thousands of star forts and fortified cities worldwide, it becomes clear some hing truly odd is going on. See my post on Palmanova.
Post automatically merged:

What do you suppose Starforts were for?

Fanna, as far as I know, the Newearth folks began the star fort phenomenon regarding their possible true function and place in history.
See: Starforts.org
Starciv.org

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6du_wXQwDs

Last edited:

Jim Duyer

Deleted
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Site:
www.paleoaliens.com

I read somewhere in my researches that either Lewis or Clarke were "encouraged" to become freemasons, in order to proceed further in their expeditions. I don't recall if Jefferson himself was
mentioned, but he did personally select them for that journey. In Jefferson's papers there is something about his masonic leanings, I will see if I can dig them up. I lost quite a bit with the latest attacks on my hard drives, so I need to check other backups. I do remember that it was in the same papers of his where he told Lewis and Clarke not to take the small pox vaccine on their second trip to the Welsh Indians in Nebraska, thus condemning them in a very real type of genocide.

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Case in point:

View attachment 253

View attachment 254

View attachment 255

View attachment 256

On the Ground:

View attachment 264View attachment 266View attachment 267View attachment 268

View attachment 263View attachment 269

The History

Mythology

History is a LIE.
Very thorough. Congratulations. My only thought was that, perhaps to a military man trained in Calvary, those yellow arrows point to locations where horse-mounted troops could be caught in a cross-fire from the two sides of that zone. But what do I know, I was in the Navy.
Good question Jim.
The killing zone concept is valid, but overused to explain "Demilunes," oddly-placed "ravelins" and weird angles too much. Cavalry attacking a fort would have been suicide. Horses are big targets.
They mostly laid siege to forts with zig zag trenches and mortars. Then dug tunnels to undermine walls.

Citezenship

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I can't help thinking that the shape of these forts is for defence but not defence against war or conventional means of war as it would have been in the time they are historically placed but for the breaking up of waves, waves of water, strong winds or pray tell to stop the flow of mud!

I know out there right!

If a wall of water or whatever liquid the water had become after a big journey it would be something like this that would be the only way of breaking it up or at least minimising it's destructive effect.