Stolen History - Lifting the Veil of Deception (Part 1)

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is part 1 of our planned docu series about stolen history. Constructive criticism is appreciated. The idea for the next parts is to translate the topics discussed in this forum into short videos of something like 30-45 minutes.

CBRadio

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Compelling and really well put-together. Congratulations dreamtime, and well done.

In a future video or videos, how about explicitly encouraging viewers to note the anomalies around them, as a way of engaging them? I'd been coming to SH1 and SH2 for months before I suddenly realised the town where I live has all the elements we talk about on here! I'd noticed the weird characteristics but brushed them aside as 'that's the way it is' - which is doubtless how most of us respond to our environment. But when I had that aha moment - 'all this right in front of me is actually something else' - it made it so more real for me.

As we don't have the answers, I'm assuming the aim is to wake people up, so anything that has them notice the discrepancies around them is a good thing. And in a way that doesn't scare them - yet doesn't lull them back to sleep either!

I'm really looking forward to the others. Great resource. Thank you very much.

TrangoSpackler

Reaction score
Very interesting dreamtime; I would however avoid chronological mistakes such as using movie footage from 'The Patriot', a Revolutionary War movie when mentioning the US Civil War. Otherwise, riveting stuff; keep on keeping on....

pipton

Trusted Member
Reaction score
well done!

some thoughts, to engage and maybe give you guys some ideas to make it more impactful and accessible to the less-initiated viewers:

-to go along with the idea of potentially linking it to the viewers immediate surroundings, perhaps when showing mudflooded shots you could throw in a less dramatic shot or two of a modern closeup of windows at ground level, maybe residential; that's something that'll probably click for a lot of people, depending on where they live.

-why the weed leaf? i mean, im not against it, but trying to reach out to the widest audience possible, i think the risk of it alienating a small amount of potential viewers is not worth the benefit i dont personally recognize to begin with.

-maybe around the 3:20 mark, when playing the quote about plasma being responsible for many of the geological features seen on earth, moon, mars, etc., you could add a couple shots of electrical scarring, perhaps a quick clip of one developing on wood followed by a shot of something similar on google earth? such a striking visual similarity that'll surely hit some people the right way in the few seconds presented.

-when mentioning the cave paintings only being found after the theory of evolution was established is much the same argument ive heard against the existence of dinosaurs, though not sure that'd be something to tie in... i think they were theorized before discovered by some questionable royal personage as well.

-at around 6:50 when questioning whether destroying the supposedly temporary structures was pretext for destroying older buidlings- whatll be an idea new to many viewers unfamiliar with the topic- perhaps you could insert a quick demolition pick or two to illustrate and drive in the ridiculousness of the idea (like you do later with the insane asylums).

-when mentioning the orphan trains, i think a quick picture of the infant incubators is related enough to potentially include and is always effective in increasing the wtf factor.

-agreed upon the incongruous illustration of revolutionary war movie scenes when speaking of civil war. also, this is the second time seeing the ihs emblem without any explanation or visible clues linking it to much else. i dont personally get this connection, though it does add to the sense of mystery.

-perhaps i should know this, but how are all the pictures of pyramids related to the idea the earth could be a giant terraforming project?

-i think dark city is an excellent inclusion but think you could shorten the number of shots you include of it.

i hope some of these thoughts help and again think the video is quite well done and hope it ends up reaching many eyes!

Septimus

Reaction score
I think the stolen history community really needed a video like this to sum up a lot of different key points that have been brought up the last couple of years. It will also help newcomers "get caught up to speed" and be on the same page.

High production value, great questions to ponder.

Will Scarlet

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm probably nitpicking, but I had to use subtitles in some parts to understand what was being said (2:57, 3:03, 3:31, 4:05, 6:43, 7:39 ("insane"), 10:37 ("occurred"), 11:58 ("origins"), 12:05 ("canal" subtitle produces 'kennel') . The music gets too loud a 3:31. Where is Scutia (3:36)? "Santander" has two hard A sounds and is pronounced 'Sant And-Air' (4:57). Epilepsy inducing flashes at 5:42. World's Fair constructions are described as "neo-classical" and yet previously the unified style has been referred to as Greek and Roman. Also, is the term "losing proposition" the correct one to use at 6:43? The flickering end credits are crass and annoying imo.

The structure is very good. My only doubt is (and always has been whenever I hear it) the reference to 'remembering' and 'collective amnesia', after all, no one who will watch this video was alive 500 years ago (reincarnation aside) and so cannot possibly remember anything as they had nothing to forget from that period. It induces a kind of personal responsibility or guilt for having been forgetful or for being unable to remember something, which is inappropriate.

Not all of the images convince me and I would have preferred music with a more classical vibe to link with the 'old world' aspect. I also question the wisdom of the weed leaf as it introduces a totally separate set of possible associations and judgements that are a distraction to the mission of the video.

The association of the theme with current events is nicely subtle and even more powerful because of that. I hope you will consider this criticism to be constructive, as it is given with that intent.

Well done.

luddite

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
I also question the wisdom of the weed leaf as it introduces a totally separate set of possible associations and judgements that are a distraction to the mission of the video.
Yes, I think we all missed that. It is more a symbol of geometry than a drug in my mind but I can see that it's better off not being there at all. Maybe replace it with an opium poppy?

E.Bearclaw

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I watched with the mindset of - if I share this with people, would I feel like they would turn up their nose and think I am a loon, or would it stand a shot of arousing curiosity.

On this front, I very much liked the rhetorical nature of the narrators statements. It left it open to possibilities without making sweeping objective statements. Yet as the video went on, the more I noticed they were doing a good job of constructing a coherent theory of our past.

At the moment that the Oblate spheroid was dropped I had my heart in my mouth a little. But then it pulled it back nicely in a way that made me smile, referencing the limitations of science rather than specifically stating the Earth is Flat. That was a nice touch, and quite cleverly done.

Constructively - I was wondering whether mentioning Flat Earth might be off putting for those that might not have considered it before. Although I guess this depends on the audience.

It looks and feels very professional. I think a lot better than those youtube videos with cartoon animations and Word Art statements. I think the choice of photographs complements to the atmosphere, and every one felt like it had been pondered over and selected painstakingly. On the presentation.

I also cannot think of another youtube video series, that has a similar 'atmosphere' so it has its own style, as far as I can tell.

Not great with constructive criticism - sorry! I thought it was very very good. Best I can do, is that I was never quite sure what the intended audience was. Is is people already looking into these matters? Or for more green people? Or to straddle the barrel?

kd-755

Trusted Member
Reaction score
It looked and sounded like a new earth video to me except for the music. I find music in these things annoying. Music soundtracks belong on films not information films which is in essence what this is.
What attracted me to Sylvie was her content, her message and her voice crucially for the success or failure of this video venture the people who see it must be in the right frame of mind to get anything out of it no matter how slick the production is.
Too much too broad in its scope to my mind for one video.
Nothing is as it seems is too much of a claim.

Will Scarlet

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Maybe replace it with an opium poppy?
That could work with its association to the commemoration of those who have died in wars.

I was wondering whether mentioning Flat Earth might be off putting
Flat Earth wasn't 'mentioned'. There was an image who's significance would only be picked up by those "in the know". Regardless of one's personal feelings on the subject, to many potential viewers the Flat Earth topic may be seen as the greatest instance of stolen history ever. To shy away from it would be a mistake imo and may be seen as bias, intolerance and/or censorship. It could be balanced with a similar allusion to the Hollow Earth theory as well. I think the way it has been done is very subtle. Personally, I'm not big on Tartaria worship, but I recognise its attraction for the SH curious.

mutley7

Reaction score
Very good production Dreamtime, thank you for your time invested.

Critical and possibly personal dislike is for the "flash up" images, errs on the subliminal cranium overload for me!

Looking forward to part2 :)

E.Bearclaw

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Maybe replace it with an opium poppy?
That could work with its association to the commemoration of those who have died in wars.

I was wondering whether mentioning Flat Earth might be off putting
Flat Earth wasn't 'mentioned'. There was an image who's significance would only be picked up by those "in the know". Regardless of one's personal feelings on the subject, to many potential viewers the Flat Earth topic may be seen as the greatest instance of stolen history ever. To shy away from it would be a mistake imo and may be seen as bias, intolerance and/or censorship. It could be balanced with a similar allusion to the Hollow Earth theory as well. I think the way it has been done is very subtle. Personally, I'm not big on Tartaria worship, but I recognise its attraction for the SH curious.
I was referring to when Neil de Grasse Tyson mentions, an oblate spheroid, and then it segues to talking about science. I noted that I thought it was going to and then it didn't. Which I quite liked.

I agree it is an important topic, and one of the greatest instances of stolen history. However, I also feel it can be offputting, and depending upon the target audience can tarnish.

I mean I do agree with what you are saying, just clarifying my point, and I also don't think it should per se be shyed away from, just I think it should be treated carefully also.

Catalyst

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Great video! I hope I'll be able to contribute soon to the subsequent parts :).

As for constructive criticism - I think every video should end with something positive. This one ended with music and footage which were a bit depressing, as if we have already lost everything 😅. Though, maybe it was intended to be so :unsure:.

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
As for constructive criticism - I think every video should end with something positive. This one ended with music and footage which were a bit depressing, as if we have already lost everything 😅. Though, maybe it was intended to be so :unsure:.
A good adventure starts with a call to action (facing the greatest fears). As Joseph Campbell wrote: “You enter the forest at the darkest point, where there is no path."

Huaqero

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Great job, guys, I love the aesthetics.
If you asked me, I would have kept the intro for a collection of obvious noticings and emerging patterns, without jumping into possible proposed answers and certainly without the 'questions' format for the narration.