SH.org OP Date
2019-01-23 02:12:31
SH.org Reaction Score
SH.org Reply Count

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
The Angeles National Forest Mystery Rocks | ancient america

I ran across this article a while back and was fascinated by it. I may only have found it because I was researching Indigenous artifacts and medicine from my area. It is about a person that claims to have found Ogam in LA county California.

IMG_9947.jpg

In the finders words.

As the boys and I made our yucca soap, my gaze was drawn to the back side of a large, 10 foot wide boulder with unusual markings on it. There were two large horizontal cleavages and numerous markings across the cleavage that bore an uncanny resemblance to ogam.

Some years earlier, I spent some time learning about ogam, a method that was used to write on stones approximately 1500+ years ago, primarily in the British isles, though examples can be found further afield. Ogam is not to be confused with the more ornate runic writing. Ogam employs straight lines across what is called a stem line. The stem line can be a natural horizontal fracture in a rock, or the corner of a standing stone. The 15 consonants are expressed by from one to five lines above the stem line, one to five lines below the stem line, or one to five lines across the stem lines. The vowels, where present, can be a series of dots or other symbols.

The finder makes this list and completes it in the article.

1. I had to determine that the markings were consistent with the ogam alphabet. Having done that, I proceeded to the other steps.
2. Determine if the ogam letters actually spell anything.
3. Determine if the inscription could actually be dated.
4. Determine if there was anything else significant about the site.
5. The final step – if I got that far – was to determine who may have actually inscribed the rock, and under what circumstances. I also reasoned that if I got this far, others could jump in and attempt to answer this question.

IMG_9947.jpgIMG_0051.jpgIMG_9992.jpgIMG_0016-125x125.jpg

So in the article the finder goes through the scientific method. Does great research and puts alot ot effort into this find. He desciphers the markings and even consults with archaelogists and his words here is what he thought.

My rewards for taking all this time on this multi-faceted research: I have been called a fraud numerous times. I have been listed on a college web-site as an example of “fringe archaeology” and explained away as a fraud. A few of my Native American friends stopped talking to me.

Any thoughts on this? I find it buisness as usual to go against the accepted time frame myself.
Note: Please check the Wayback Archive of this OP for any archived replies before replying.