SH.org OP Date
2019-03-03 18:23:00
SH.org Reaction Score
SH.org Reply Count

trismegistus

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
I've been to a lot of places in the US, and Eureka Springs is up there with the most memorable city I've ever visited (Savannah, GA is a close second). It is a sleepy town near the border of Missouri basically built right up alongside the Ozark Mountains. The entire city more or less is listed on the National Historic Register, the town as a whole seems to exude a magical elegance that is tangible. I fully believe that the existence of spring-fed caves and limestone has an effect on the body and mind, and this town is one of the best examples of this out there.
From what I understand of Native American's mastery of nature and their environment, I find it extremely hard to believe that they considered these springs "of no medicinal value", and that it took the "superior" intellect of the white American to recognize the healing powers of the springs. But I digress, let's dig deeper into this "hotel".

From the Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture:
So here we have a structure built with high technology of the time, not to mention that this was a mortar-less construction. Quite impressive, if I do say so myself. Does it not seem strange that this hotel already had electricity, considering that according to mainstream history the first power plants were built only six years previous? And these plants that were built were done in giant cities like NYC, Paris, Buffalo, etc. How did sleepy little Eureka Springs get the infrastructure so quickly to support electricity? I could possibly see it for low wattage equipment like lightbulbs, but elevators? Ostensibly, the first electric elevator in "recorded" history was in 1880, as well. Perhaps this elevator was powered by something else - - pneumatics/hydraulics or perhaps steam? It is hard to say, as there is very little information about how this technology made it into this building.

With that being said, there is an explanation that you won't find being discussed very much on these sites. Over the last few years, there does seem to be some soft disclosure in the realm of ancient structures being able to focus or possibly generate electromagnetic energy through a combination of limestone, underground aquifers, and other factors. I think it is distinctly possible that the limestone construction of this building was made to do just that - - generate electricity. This could also explain the lack of mortar, as that would likely interfere with limestone's electric properties and the possibility that any heat generated from this process could erode the mortar quite quickly. Also, note the "lightning rod" atop this building. Consider also that this building is at the very highest point in the town, it towers over everything else in the area. This would make it quite good for power distribution, if that is the case. And of course, along with the healing nature of the springs, the water underneath the rocks in the untold amount of caves in the area would make it an even better candidate for naturally generated electricity.

Now, about this architect.

Isaac S Taylor

From findagrave.com:
If I can make a meta observation here, it seems so strange that whenever I do research on these buildings or architects from this time period it inevitably leads back to an Expo of some sort. It's like we are assembling a puzzle that fits piece by piece, but when you stand back to look at it, it is very difficult to see exactly what the image is. This type of research is frustrating - - is this really just a strange set of coincidences? With no definitive solution to what all these connected dots mean, it can seem like it really might be. Maybe it is like one giant game of six degrees of separation, in which research on this architecture will inevitably lead to a stolen history connection somewhere else just due to the smaller pool of architects back in the day. Perhaps in a few years from now, when someone else finally finds some concrete evidence of these buildings being "found" and architects merely taking credit for building them when in fact they were built by a memory-holed civilization, I can be satisfied that this research was more than just reading into strange connections.

To keep this thread in order, I will hold off on expanding on exactly what he designed for the World's Fair, but his wiki should give you a good start.

Oh Lord Jesus, its a fire!
As if you thought you could get through one of these posts without mention of a town crippling fire, here in Eureka Springs we have several examples before 1900.

From
eurekaspringsfire.org:
There is very sparse information on these blazes throughout the years, and admittedly the only reason I knew that they happened was because it was mentioned offhand on one of the historical plaques around the city.

Conclusions
There is something rather mystical about this area of the world. It is kind of hard to explain if you've never been there, but perhaps those who have can relate to this. Perhaps just being in the presence of architecture from a time when people actually gave a shit about aesthetics can create this effect, but I am inclined to believe there is quite a bit more going on here.

I would also be remiss if I didn't mention the strong presence of Freemasonry here. There is a fountain on the main strip that was funded by the local Masonic lodge, and the main road that goes through the town is "adopted" by them as well. If we follow the logic sometimes used on this site that Freemasons are those who claim the "free mason" left by a previous civilization then this area is a prime example of that.

Bonus Mudflood building: Carrol County Courthouse

18287 18288
Note: This OP was recovered from the Wayback Archive.
Note: Archived Sh.org replies to this OP are included in this thread.

anotherlayer

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Note: This post was recovered from the Sh.org archive.
Username: anotherlayer
Date: 2019-03-04 17:07:03
Those stairs look exhausting. If I am not the first to make this comment, let me know but, the architect who designed this building was an idiot.

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Username: ScottFreeman
Date: 2019-03-05 07:10:46
Those last photos look a little like my hometown.

And, nice work squeezing an Eddie Murphy quote in there ?

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Username: BrokenAgate
Date: 2019-03-22 16:39:15
Stairs, stairs, and more stairs. Stairs going up, stairs going underground. Were architects too stupid to put the main entrance at ground level, where normal humans could reach it easily?? I guess they didn't have people in wheelchairs back then, or elderly or infirm people, who needed to gain access to these churches and offices.

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Username: ScottFreeman
Date: 2019-03-22 16:42:36
good point!

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Username: jd755
Date: 2019-03-22 16:52:12
Stairs on the courthouse are 'the just' going 'up' as into 'heaven' up from either side of the road level and those going down directly 'under the just' are the crims descending into hell to be 'judged by the just' who have just entered heaven to 'sit in judgement' on the 'lesser beings'.

Courts are religious buildings. Why do you think judges sit higher 'up' than anyone else and all manner of 'religious leaders' sit or stand above 'the unchosen ones' For religious symbolism to be effective it has to get its 'man' closer to 'heaven aka god' than every bugger else which tells anyone half awake 'heaven' isn't to be found 'above one's head' or in 'religious author ity'.

Archive

SH.org Archive
Reaction score
Username: Elancan
Date: 2019-03-22 20:54:23
There was one long staircase going up, and another even longer going down. And one more going nowhere, just for show. Fiddler on the Roof

wizz33

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: wizz33
Date: 2019-03-23 01:28:09
i think it was the entrance for the personal ani-gravity vehicles, skateboard, ect

Whitewave

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Username: whitewave
Date: 2019-03-25 16:09:44
I'm wondering why they built churches with stairs at all since it's prohibited in Exodus 20:26: Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.

trismegistus

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Came across this photo posted by the hotels social media profile.

76F3BF58-BD0E-47CC-BC72-5DBAD645A416.jpeg

Hardly looks like the same structure. Barely looks like a brand new built structure.

trismegistus

Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Did some follow up today. Found some interesting stuff in the surrounding area, as well.

Seems I found the bit that was in the construction photo I posted above. It definitely looks much older than the rest of the building by a wide margin.

A nearby chapel:

F297A46D-0ADB-4B72-819C-220A25FE3C25.jpeg 7CBE7D50-052A-4DB1-9D19-FD51F5781817.jpeg

If I can make a meta observation here, it seems so strange that whenever I do research on these buildings or architects from this time period it inevitably leads back to an Expo of some sort. It's like we are assembling a puzzle that fits piece by piece, but when you stand back to look at it, it is very difficult to see exactly what the image is. This type of research is frustrating - - is this really just a strange set of coincidences? With no definitive solution to what all these connected dots mean, it can seem like it really might be. Maybe it is like one giant game of six degrees of separation, in which research on this architecture will inevitably lead to a stolen history connection somewhere else just due to the smaller pool of architects back in the day. Perhaps in a few years from now, when someone else finally finds some concrete evidence of these buildings being "found" and architects merely taking credit for building them when in fact they were built by a memory-holed civilization, I can be satisfied that this research was more than just reading into strange connections.
What better example to bring this back around than this:

A8387C4A-1FC7-4C40-B887-DF21DFB0A245.jpeg

So here we have it. Another architect who happens to have designed structures at the St Louis world’s fair just happened to build a home several blocks away from the Crescent Hotel, another building so happened to have been designed by a St Louis Fair architect.

What do we make of this?