The Green Children of Woolpit

row_of_eleven

Trusted Member
Reaction score
This is a story that has often been at the back of my mind.
The green-skinned children of Woolpit.
ColorTouch-01.jpeg

This story takes place in Suffolk, East Anglia during the middle ages. According to wiki,
The children, brother and sister, were of generally normal appearance except for the green colour of their skin. They spoke in an unknown language, and would only eat raw broad beans. Eventually they learned to eat other food and lost their green colour, but the boy was sickly and died soon after he and his sister were baptised. The girl adjusted to her new life, but she was considered to be "rather loose and wanton in her conduct".[2] After she learned to speak English, the girl explained that she and her brother had come from Saint Martin's Land, a subterranean world inhabited by green people
There are two main historical sources for this story,
  1. William of Newburgh (1136-1198) was an English historian and monk from Yorkshire. His main work was in ‘History of English Affairs’ where he was responsible for noting any significant event in the history of England from 1066 to 1198, in which he includes the story of the Green Children.
  2. Ralph of Coggeshall (died c 1228), who was the sixth abbot of Coggeshall Abbey in Essex from 1207-1218. His account of the Green Children is included in the ‘English Chronicle’ to which he contributed between 1187 and 1224.
Village sign depicting the two green children, erected in 1977
WoolpitSign.jpg
The girl, who went on to learn English years after the death of her brother, described her home to her new benefactors,
It was a land where everyone and everything was of a lush green color, where the sun never fully shone, being lit by a perpetual misty twilight. She and her brother, out tending their family’s cattle, followed the herd into some caverns, where they had become lost. Hearing the peal of bells, they followed the sound and emerged from the caves into the bright sun of our world.
Many have made the connection with myths of fairies, whom also are averse to eating human food, as the Woolpit children were. Others believe they were from above, not below, and were not of this world. There are even ideas that the children ventured from a parallel universe and couldn't find their way back.

Less "mystically" generous explanations deem the origins of the story to be complete bunk, that the children were from a neighboring village, or that their skin was dyed green with pigment, or even that they were so malnourished that their skin became green in color.

Personally, I can't help but think of things like Agartha or Shambhala when considering this odd story. Or the stories from the Hopi about the underground cave people who saved them from a Cataclysm. No matter where you look in history and mythology, there are copious accounts of underground dwellers, grand cities and networks of vast caves that house peoples different than those who walk on the surface.

Interesting story, I thought I would share with SH. I hope this isn't just old news to you all!

Sources:
historicalblindness.com
mysteriousfacts.com
ancient-origins.net

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
There are reportedly blue people in the Appalachian mountains too.
I knew a surgeon that helped them. It was a DNA blood disease of some sort. (Or something else?)
I wonder if that could be related?

paul.jpeg

Excerpt:

Blue People Genealogy
"Not myth or legend; The Blue People of Kentucky were an isolated enclave of Appalachian people who lived with an embarrassing skin discoloration until a young hematologist took notice and found a solution. As the story goes, Martin Fugate, a French orphan, settled on the banks of eastern Kentucky's Troublesome Creek around 1820 to claim a land grant. He married a red-haired American named Elizabeth Smith with a very pale complexion. Little did they know that their union would create shades of blue people!

Generations later, a descendant of Martin Fugate, Benjy Stacy, would be born "blue". '"He was almost purple,"' his father, Alva Stacy, recalls." Benjy was born in a maternity ward near Hazard, Kentucky and was rushed by ambulance to a medical clinic in Lexington to find help for his blue problem. Days of testing provided no answers; but then Benjy's grandmother told the doctor a story about the "blue" Fugates. Incredibly, Benjy had inherited a gene dating back over 162 years! Thankfully, Benjy lost his blue shade after a few weeks and the only lingering effects were blue fingernails and lips when he was cold or angry.

In the early 1960's, this blue malady caught the attention of Madison Cawein, an inquisitive hematologist from the University of Kentucky. Curiosity drove him to Hazard where he was introduced to a nurse, Ruth Pendergrass, who had met a "dark blue" woman. She was one of the "blue" Combses who lived up on Ball Creek and was a sister to one of the Fugate women; her brother, Luke, was also blue. The search for blue people ensued. Patrick and Rachel Ritchie, who lived in Hardburly, were also blue. Cawein eventually found a small population of people in the back woods of Appalachia, many with a blue skin disorder. The afflicted were embarrassed about their condition and adamant about talking to Cawein. Eventually, Cawein gained their trust and began taking blood samples. Tests for abnormal hemoglobin were negative. Then he began to construct the family genealogy and traced their roots back to Martin and Elizabeth Fugate."

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I knew a surgeon that helped them. It was a DNA blood disease of some sort. (Or something else?)

paul.jpeg
I think I remember that face.
Some while ago, he was paraded around as an example of the dangers of monoatomic silver.
1610102079844.png

Seems to be the same man ...

Oracle

Trusted Member
Reaction score
This is a story that has often been at the back of my mind.
The green-skinned children of Woolpit.
View attachment 5291

This story takes place in Suffolk, East Anglia during the middle ages. According to wiki,
The children, brother and sister, were of generally normal appearance except for the green colour of their skin. They spoke in an unknown language, and would only eat raw broad beans. Eventually they learned to eat other food and lost their green colour, but the boy was sickly and died soon after he and his sister were baptised. The girl adjusted to her new life, but she was considered to be "rather loose and wanton in her conduct".[2] After she learned to speak English, the girl explained that she and her brother had come from Saint Martin's Land, a subterranean world inhabited by green people
There are two main historical sources for this story,
  1. William of Newburgh (1136-1198) was an English historian and monk from Yorkshire. His main work was in ‘History of English Affairs’ where he was responsible for noting any significant event in the history of England from 1066 to 1198, in which he includes the story of the Green Children.
  2. Ralph of Coggeshall (died c 1228), who was the sixth abbot of Coggeshall Abbey in Essex from 1207-1218. His account of the Green Children is included in the ‘English Chronicle’ to which he contributed between 1187 and 1224.
Village sign depicting the two green children, erected in 1977
View attachment 5287
The girl, who went on to learn English years after the death of her brother, described her home to her new benefactors,
It was a land where everyone and everything was of a lush green color, where the sun never fully shone, being lit by a perpetual misty twilight. She and her brother, out tending their family’s cattle, followed the herd into some caverns, where they had become lost. Hearing the peal of bells, they followed the sound and emerged from the caves into the bright sun of our world.
Many have made the connection with myths of fairies, whom also are averse to eating human food, as the Woolpit children were. Others believe they were from above, not below, and were not of this world. There are even ideas that the children ventured from a parallel universe and couldn't find their way back.

Less "mystically" generous explanations deem the origins of the story to be complete bunk, that the children were from a neighboring village, or that their skin was dyed green with pigment, or even that they were so malnourished that their skin became green in color.

Personally, I can't help but think of things like Agartha or Shambhala when considering this odd story. Or the stories from the Hopi about the underground cave people who saved them from a Cataclysm. No matter where you look in history and mythology, there are copious accounts of underground dwellers, grand cities and networks of vast caves that house peoples different than those who walk on the surface.

Interesting story, I thought I would share with SH. I hope this isn't just old news to you all!

Sources:
historicalblindness.com
mysteriousfacts.com
ancient-origins.net
I always loved that tale ,fascinating stuff. there's more beneath our feet than meets the eye in my opinion.

paul.jpeg
I think I remember that face.
Some while ago, he was paraded around as an example of the dangers of monoatomic silver.
View attachment 5304
Seems to be the same man ...
Haha I was just going to say the exact same thing to JWW427 when I saw your comment.
With hindsight , I think that push was a disinfo campaign to put people off coloidal Silver which was making the alternative health rounds on the net back then. Also it was about then free plans for the manufacture and method was published on the net by some altruist soul.
2x 9 volt batteries,a switch, copper wires,silver rods,croc clips and a jug of distilled water if I recall correctly.

6079SmithW

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Site:
www.youtube.com
The green children of woolpit is mysterious and exiting.

Cards on the table, I don't believe in the globe, I think the inner earth idea makes more sense on the FE model.

Could they be from the lands beyond the ice wall? The ones that showed up on the old maps, the ones that admiral Byrd talked of?

In that case, how did they get here? Could they be from an island that we ae not allowed to see? Like Friesland etc. We know Google earth employs trickery and obfuscation.

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Michael Tsarion mentions in his book about Atlantis that the Empire had skin colors that matched the entire spectrum.
Could it be that some of those ancient genetics rear their head from time to time?
It would make sense given the other ancient DNA anomalies such as horns and tails that occur in rare instances.

Jetsam

Trusted Member
Reaction score
There is also the story of the green children in Spain. It's nearly identical but supposedly was near Banjos, Spain in August 1887. They wouldn't eat, the boy died. The girl eventually learned some Spanish and said they came from a land of perpetual twilight and a whirlwind picked them up and deposited them in a cave. She died in 1892. From a book called Mysteries of the Unexplained published in 1982 that cites Enigmas and Mysteries which I think was published in 1976.
I always thought the painting people blue before sacrificing them business was because they ran out of blue people.

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the kids in Spain came from an underground cavern civilization and walked into a natural portal.
If they were 4th or 5th density, their physicality might degrade fast in our heavy 3rd.
People disappear in natural portals all throughout history. I think thats true. Many end up inside the Earth.

JWW427

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I think the ancient Egyptians knew exactly what and who they were portraying.
Mainstream archeology portrays people with blue or green skin always as "gods."
I think we know who the "gods" of antiquity were, and what legacy DNA they left us.

Unknown Egyptians

EG.jpeg

Tatnen-Egyptian god

EG2.jpeg

Osiris...always in green

OSIRUS.jpeg

Rama

Rama.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread