What Are You Reading?

mega1000

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Since I haven't seen a thread titled this. I decided to give it a go.

What books are you reading or planning or reading soon?

I'm currently reading Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA

dreamtime

Administrator/Moderator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
Currently reading Futu.re by Dmitry Glukhovsky. Would rather recommend Metro 2033 at this point, though.

freygeist

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I want to read the Wheel of Time, but i'm still stuck in the first book. Hopefully in the holidays next week i can give it another go

luddite

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
I want to read the Wheel of Time, but i'm still stuck in the first book. Hopefully in the holidays next week i can give it another go
Do yourself a favor and skip over all sections with the women as main characters. The book has insane pace when you do that. Heaps faster also!

I'm re-reading a book I wrote as it is being sent to the printer for some samples before the first batch... so this is the second last opportunity to get it right!

I recommend you read The Bible's Old Testament. I just got done with that... unbelievable with all that I know now.

Myrrinda

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I started with The Lord of the Rings in English, I have only read it in German so far and for my birthday this year finally I wanted it in English, and my husband got it for me 😍 it came with The Hobbit, just finished, now it's on to LOTR.

fega72

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I started with The Lord of the Rings in English, I have only read it in German so far and for my birthday this year finally I wanted it in English, and my husband got it for me 😍 it came with The Hobbit, just finished, now it's on to LOTR.
My all time favourite! I read it 4 times!

Whitewave

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Reading GREAT MYSTERIES OF THE PAST. Short stories of factoids left out of traditional history educatiom. 2 to 4 pages each subject. Really enjoying it.

Referent

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Currently slowly reading The Shadow in America: Reclaiming the Soul of a Nation edited by Jeremiah Abrams. Also, about to start The Fountainhead for the first time (will take about a year).

Assuming this thread is harmless since it's off topic and just books, but is it possibly an instance of COINTELPRO Technique #4?:

Technique #4 – ‘INFORMATION COLLECTION’
Information collection is also a very effective method to determine the psychological level of the forum members, and to gather intelligence that can be used against them. In this technique in a light and positive environment a ‘show you mine so me yours’ posting is initiated. From the number of replies and the answers that are provided much statistical information can be gathered. An example is to post your ‘favourite weapon’ and then encourage other members of the forum to showcase what they have. In this matter it can be determined by reverse proration what percentage of the forum community owns a firearm, and or a illegal weapon. This same method can be used by posing as one of the form members and posting your favourite ‘technique of operation.’ From the replies various methods that the group utilizes can be studied and effective methods developed to stop them from their activities.
I jest, I jest.

luddite

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Reaction score
I recommend you read The Bible's Old Testament. I just got done with that... unbelievable with all that I know now.
Unbelievable in what way?
There are so many mentions of stolen history and old ways. The book of Enoch especially. Giants, resets, mysterious powers, divine rights, mud floods, genetic factories. It's got it all.
An example is to post your ‘favourite weapon’ and then encourage other members of the forum to showcase what they have.
What's your favourite unmasking of a mechanism of propaganda from a three letter agency or society?

Maybe there is a book that covers this topic that is your favourite?

Referent

Trusted Member
Reaction score
What's your favourite unmasking of a mechanism of propaganda from a three letter agency or society?

I have to admit not remembering much of it nor necessarily reading the whole thing, but I recall Sartor Resartus by Thomas Carlyle was meaningful to me at one point in time, for resonating with the revelation of the mask of socially prescribed or presumed meanings in things. Perhaps most overtly dismantled was the symbolism of clothing styles.

Along similar lines, one writer in The Shadow in America shared having had the mask of American societal clothing (and other) norms revealed by the light offered by the process of for the first time being immersed in a particular European society.

More recently, in our global society, there was an unmasking perhaps in the form of popular revelations regarding the unrealistic photoshopping of people in magazines (considered as propaganda to promote malnourished, weak, masculine women prototypes?), which was I believe followed by a very pro-"political correctness" and positive-healthy-body-self-image movement portrayed in the same sorts of spots that had received the "criticism".

Even an unmasking can have a mask of its own, it seems.

Not sure these are totally adequate answers to the question. I hope it wasn't rhetorical. Thanks for the great thought to mull over. There are probably more exciting, interesting, or relevant answers.

tobyahnah

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable in what way?
There are so many mentions of stolen history and old ways. The book of Enoch especially. Giants, resets, mysterious powers, divine rights, mud floods, genetic factories. It's got it all.
An example is to post your ‘favourite weapon’ and then encourage other members of the forum to showcase what they have.

My first important read in the area of, shall we say, Deep State was 'None Dare Call it Conspiracy' about 50yrs ago. It is still relevant. It lead to many more. My current list TO READ follows.
Encyclopedia of Native Tribes of North America
Seasons of the Eskimo
Native Tribes of the North East
For an Amerindian History (meaning advocacy for one by their hands)

Nutrition Almanac 3rd Ed.
Nutritional Pathology
Prescription for Nutritional Healing
Prescription for Dietary Wellness

Jeet Kune Do
The Straight Lead
Tao of Jeet Kune Do
Military First Aid

The Doomsday Book of Animals (Extinct Species)
Wild Animals of North America

Mappe Mundi (Univ of Alberta)

Country Wisdom & Know How
etc.

My first step when considering a book read, since I have usually already bought it based on the cover; ha, ha, ha. Is: read the index first, then the table of contents and introduction.
If it is a digital book I 'search' for key words.
I will read the most pertinent points I want to absorb and keep and make a mental not of other things of interest to come to. Occasionally I will read the whole book in one or several sittings. Most books I buy or own I never read the whole book.
I swore off fiction, other than the daily news, 30yrs ago and have not looked back.
One of the shortest books I have read, which left me with several significant questions yet to be answered, is that of Chagyah, or Haggai, a 'minor' prophet in the Bible.

Last edited: