What kind of world do you want to live in?

Sapioit

Trusted Member
Reaction score
This post takes the word "organizations" from the thread category "various organizations" for the more literal meaning of organizing information, rather than companies, secret societies, and the like.

If you could change reality to have your perfect world, what would it look like, and why?

Due to the Mandella Effect groups sometimes noticing that some people can manifest some changes, sometimes over periods of years, and due to groups like Manifest Earth which use prayer and coordinated thought/attention to make changes in the world, I am suggesting an exercise in thought, in which to clearly and carefully define a near-utopic world in which you would like to live in as a normal citizen with more you or less being non-important, compared to most other people.

The reason why you are portrayed as nothing more than an "average citizen" is to focus the thoughts on the kinds of worlds which would be beneficial for even the unluckiest ones in the world.
Post automatically merged:

You could think of it as something appearing in accordance with the level of the beings in the area and the level of intent they direct at the area. Sand dropping in an unpopulated area isn't much different from the black plague dropping in the dark ages' cities.

The same thing could be thought about things like ores appearing where recent geologic surveys happen even if they weren't there in the past, specifically because lots of attention is directed at that area with the intent of finding ores.

By the same logic, maybe the reason why there so many mudflood buildings being discovered lately is because people are looking for them and thus directing intent at them.

And humans aren't the only ones which can direct intent. Domesticated and wild animals can, too!

Last edited:
R

Rhem

Init
One man's utopia is another man's dystopia. Any consciously devised system inherently has remnants and waste, and thus no perfect, all-encompassing utopia can exist.

Context
The term 'utopia' comes from the title of Sir Thomas Moore's book Utopia published in 1516. From Merriam-Webster, the word comes from the Greek ou- + topos, meaning no place. It initially described a "an imaginary and indefinitely remote place" and later came to mean "an ideal place or society." Wikipedia considers the homophonic prefix eu-, meaning good, may also play a role in current usage. I will use utopia to mean an ideal society.

Plato's Republic is considered to be one of the earlier depictions of a utopia, but this is misleading. The term itself was not in use and the Latin word societas -- attributed as the root of the word society, meaning fellowship, association, or alliance -- does not convey the current idea at all. I'm not going to try to pin down exactly when social theory of human organization as a society emerged, but if I could guesstimate it would be sometime between the 17th and 19th centuries with the "Enlightenment" thinkers with the emergence of social contract theory.
To support my idea, I traced back through the text of Utopia and the English translation used the word 'society' eight times. However, it was written in Latin originally and I tracked down a dual translation here. Sir More only used societas twice, both as the 'society of nature' (190) and the 'bond of nature' (241), which is considerably different from the present usage and meaning.

Discussion
I will posit very broadly that the current idea of society and social theory in general is heavily influenced by the relatively recent (18th-19th century) rise of scientific thinking, and later by computation and systems theory (and it's marketing name, AI). Indeed, in thinking of a utopia, or even a society generally, the first thing that comes to mind is organization as a system, and not as an organism (unless you like gimmicks) like it was originally.

Abreast to this and intimately connected with it is the Law of Progress (/sarc), ahem, the concept of progress from the 19th century Enlightenment (the audacity, really) thinkers; generally that advancement in technology, science, and social organization improves human lives. In 5 year old terms, that we are better off than our ancestors (heh).
While there is truth to this, it paints ancient history in an archaic, backwards, and brutish light. One need not look further than the famous myth of the noble savage and the related social mores of tribalism, sacrifice, feudal peasantry, slavery, aristocracy and monarchical rule, and colonization that dominate historical narratives. In fact, I can't think of a single historical civilization, not shrouded in myth or lost in time -- barring perhaps the Roman Republic and ancient Greece with their pre-democratic "systems" -- that could serve as a pre-modern inspirational ideal of human organization. Hence we try to perfect and fix, a "broken" system or devise a new one (conf Init), blissfully unaware of the assumption that we need one at all.

Some time ago I came across a series on YouTube by AshaLogos about the history of the Germanic tribes including the Germany and the Agricola of Tacitus and Theodoric the Goth, that reminds me of this thread. Perhaps it isn't about making or devising a new social organization, society, or reality, but a belonging, brotherhood, and fellowship, a societatis that bonds people, and not on a piece of paper or in a sky castle. Maybe it is after all, found outopia: no where.

PS: I have heard of directing intent and such mass psychic phenomenon, but I consider it trivial and insubstantial.

Sapioit

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it isn't about making or devising a new social organization, society, or reality, but a belonging, brotherhood, and fellowship, a societatis that bonds people, and not on a piece of paper or in a sky castle. Maybe it is after all, found outopia: no where.

PS: I have heard of directing intent and such mass psychic phenomenon, but I consider it trivial and insubstantial.
I'll answer the PS first: Without a goal, you can run in circles and end up right where you started or be steered by others to where they want you to get, but with a goal you can leisurely walk towards a goal and actually get closer to it.

As for the other phrases in the quote, I agree. It's about belonging, brotherhood/sisterhood/familyhood, fellowship, and a society which bonds people. So even if such a place does not exist, as long as we know what we want to make, we have much better chances at actually making something which resembles that much closer than what we have now resembles that.

In the end, the thing about "heaven" and "utopia" is that they are, by definition unattainable. The difference is that while we can imagine the utopia, the heave is, by definition, a place/situation so good we cannot imagine it. However, the closest we can possibly get to those ideals is, for all intents and purposes, the closest we can get to those ideals. That means that even if we can't achieve utopia, we can still have a chance at achieving the realistic/pragmatic version of that kind of world (which from now I shall call realistopia) , which is a lot better than getting nowhere or actually moving away from that desirable and achievable state of being.