• Update Success: Forum is back up after a huge content injection of recovered threads and replies: Details here.

The ‘Spanish Flu’ Pandemic of 1918

Felix Noille

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Not surprisingly, Wickramasinghe (on of the authors of this theory) openly suggested the same source for the infamous Covid virus.
If that's true, then there must be a a really powerful telescope around because documents from the World Bank and also official records of the Spanish authorities, show that preparations were being made for it back in 2018 - stockpiling PCR tests and such. (Sorry, no sources for that as they keep getting censored.)

codis

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I just remember details of the panspermia/panfluenza theory.
As a fact, bacteria and genetic material (viruses?) do arrive with cosmic bolides. Even million years old meteorites contain petrified bacteria. And the organic compounds usually found in bacteria showing up in many spectroscopic investigations of cosmic bolides and dust.
Together with the idea of HGT (horizontal gene transfer, gene transfer between different species) this would be a much better explanation for the so-called evolution. BTW, the linked website has a nice and long treatise of hard scientific shortcomings of the Darwinist macro evolution. A recommended read.

But back to the Spanish flu and Covid-1984, Wickramasinghe hypothesizes that this gene sequences (viruses) are continuously raining down on earth, and only occasionally causing problems. And since this is hit pet theory, he applies it here - which seems to make sense.
Be it or not, I am convinced that Covid is a big Nothing-Burger, at most a seasonal flu totally blown out of proportions for political reasons.
Even smart scientist might make the mistake to take mainstream media reports for real.
There is a good reason I do not have a TV (for years now) , and no newspapers. The free-of-charge local papers (stuffed with ads) ending up in my mailbox is more than enough to enlighten me about the latest public scare.

Worsaae

Reaction score
My family tree did not reveal any deaths from influenza, flu or pneumonia during the period 1918-1920. Apart from those who died in the War (there were a few of them,) none of my predecessors who were around at that time (we're talking about some 100+ people) died of anything during that period - not even death.

The current Guinness Book of Records shows the 'worst pandemic' to have been the Black Death (1347-51,) which they say killed 75 million worldwide. No mention is made of the Spanish Flu, which according to various sources cited in the OP, was worse than the Black Death at 100 million.

Curiouser and curiouser...
My grandgrand mother was infected and survived. She was never sick in her life after that.

Grumpy Owl

Reaction score
Website
thegrumpyowl.co.uk
Thanks for this thread. What I have learned is how little I knew about the 1918 Spanish Flu outbreak.

Of course, I have 'heard of' it, but didn't really know any actual details beyond "it was a flu outbreak that killed a lot of people".

Certainly I don't recall ever learning about this in history lessons at school. In fact, I started wondering about if history was being "rewritten", when in light of the current pandemic, some articles seemed to be referring back to 1918, showing people wearing masks in public.

Also the phrase "social distancing" was completely new to me, I had never heard of this prior to January 2020, yet apparently some articles were claiming it was 'social distancing' that saved lives back in 1918.

What I did find curious was that towards the start of this current 'pandemic', I was round at my parents' house, and we dug out a book we'd had for some time. I forget the name of it but it was about the history of the 20th Century, and I forget when it was published but it must have been early 90s as I don't think it was a 'complete' 20th Century history book. Each 'chapter' was a year, and showed photos and summaries of major historical events that had happened, so it had all the usual stuff about World War I and II, as well as the moon landings etc etc.

But we looked specifically at the years 1918, 1919 and even 1920, and there was NO mention whatsoever of this 'Spanish Flu' pandemic, in an otherwise pretty comprehensive recollection of major and significant historical events from the 20th century.

I'm not saying that it never happened, it obviously did, but I just wonder with so many from that generation no longer with us, how easy it would be to start 'fabricating' historical records, in order to suit the current narrative.
It's funny you should mention this, I just came on the thread to make a similar point!

So, old videos often pop up on my recommended list on you tube as I've watched a fair few now. A couple of days ago this one popped up: Here we have London in 1918, during the grip of the Spanish Flu pandemic. Hmmmm.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzXHtE9CeOc&ab_channel=guyjones

So I had a look in the most recent comments and someone else asked the same question that had occured to me:

How about Spanish flu? It began in February 1918 in USA and went in Europe in July, but the most dangerous pandemic was in the period September- December 1918 , and January- March 1919. The Spanish flu pandemic definitely finished at the end of 1919 and at the beginning of 1920. More than 30 million people dead. In this film (made maybe in October/November 1918 (?) , there must be a many infected people. (By the way, Lyold George has been infected by Spanish flu too).

A few other commentors mention this too. Interesting :)

How about 1919? Much the same....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGBTnk5oY5w&ab_channel=guyjones

Maybe in 1920? Nope.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXS_yHDakaA&t=0s&ab_channel=Rick88888888

Here is my City in June 1918, when King George visited us. Very good of him :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Ynzfa1urg&ab_channel=BritishPath%C3%A9

and I cannot believe what I have just found whilst looking for old videos from 1919 in the UK - my flabber is well and truly ghasted! There were race riots being formented in 1919 by the Bolshevicks, just like that have been in 2020. The army and police both went on strike (defund police?)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0l1aC4DsM&ab_channel=JamieBaker

The British Government were afraid of a Bolshevik uprising in 1919 in the UK and it very nearly happened.
The Strikes, Riots and Mutinies were seen as part of a communist uprising

But no mention of the Spanish flu anywhere.....

also race riots in the US in 1919.....

Our Prime Minister at the time was David Lloyd George - George Floyd anyone? Someone else has spotted this:

Looking locally, I have seen a monument to the people who died of cholera in 1849 - from a population of around 70,000 there were 1860 deaths, so about 2% to 3% of the population died. This same article mentions that 'influenza' killed 1261 people in 1918/1919 (population around 280,000) so just 0.45% of the population died. Hmmmm.

Thanks for that. If those videos are dated accurately, then it suggests no evidence that there was widespread wearing of 'face coverings' during that time, as some recently revealed images are tending to intimate.

And the 'race riots' do draw some interesting parallels with today.

Silent Bob

Trusted Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. What I have learned is how little I knew about the 1918 Spanish Flu outbreak.

Of course, I have 'heard of' it, but didn't really know any actual details beyond "it was a flu outbreak that killed a lot of people".

Certainly I don't recall ever learning about this in history lessons at school. In fact, I started wondering about if history was being "rewritten", when in light of the current pandemic, some articles seemed to be referring back to 1918, showing people wearing masks in public.

Also the phrase "social distancing" was completely new to me, I had never heard of this prior to January 2020, yet apparently some articles were claiming it was 'social distancing' that saved lives back in 1918.

What I did find curious was that towards the start of this current 'pandemic', I was round at my parents' house, and we dug out a book we'd had for some time. I forget the name of it but it was about the history of the 20th Century, and I forget when it was published but it must have been early 90s as I don't think it was a 'complete' 20th Century history book. Each 'chapter' was a year, and showed photos and summaries of major historical events that had happened, so it had all the usual stuff about World War I and II, as well as the moon landings etc etc.

But we looked specifically at the years 1918, 1919 and even 1920, and there was NO mention whatsoever of this 'Spanish Flu' pandemic, in an otherwise pretty comprehensive recollection of major and significant historical events from the 20th century.

I'm not saying that it never happened, it obviously did, but I just wonder with so many from that generation no longer with us, how easy it would be to start 'fabricating' historical records, in order to suit the current narrative.
It's funny you should mention this, I just came on the thread to make a similar point!

So, old videos often pop up on my recommended list on you tube as I've watched a fair few now. A couple of days ago this one popped up: Here we have London in 1918, during the grip of the Spanish Flu pandemic. Hmmmm.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzXHtE9CeOc&ab_channel=guyjones

So I had a look in the most recent comments and someone else asked the same question that had occured to me:

How about Spanish flu? It began in February 1918 in USA and went in Europe in July, but the most dangerous pandemic was in the period September- December 1918 , and January- March 1919. The Spanish flu pandemic definitely finished at the end of 1919 and at the beginning of 1920. More than 30 million people dead. In this film (made maybe in October/November 1918 (?) , there must be a many infected people. (By the way, Lyold George has been infected by Spanish flu too).

A few other commentors mention this too. Interesting :)

How about 1919? Much the same....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGBTnk5oY5w&ab_channel=guyjones

Maybe in 1920? Nope.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXS_yHDakaA&t=0s&ab_channel=Rick88888888

Here is my City in June 1918, when King George visited us. Very good of him :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Ynzfa1urg&ab_channel=BritishPath%C3%A9

and I cannot believe what I have just found whilst looking for old videos from 1919 in the UK - my flabber is well and truly ghasted! There were race riots being formented in 1919 by the Bolshevicks, just like that have been in 2020. The army and police both went on strike (defund police?)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0l1aC4DsM&ab_channel=JamieBaker

The British Government were afraid of a Bolshevik uprising in 1919 in the UK and it very nearly happened.
The Strikes, Riots and Mutinies were seen as part of a communist uprising

But no mention of the Spanish flu anywhere.....

also race riots in the US in 1919.....

Our Prime Minister at the time was David Lloyd George - George Floyd anyone? Someone else has spotted this:

Looking locally, I have seen a monument to the people who died of cholera in 1849 - from a population of around 70,000 there were 1860 deaths, so about 2% to 3% of the population died. This same article mentions that 'influenza' killed 1261 people in 1918/1919 (population around 280,000) so just 0.45% of the population died. Hmmmm.

Thanks for that. If those videos are dated accurately, then it suggests no evidence that there was widespread wearing of 'face coverings' during that time, as some recently revealed images are tending to intimate.

And the 'race riots' do draw some interesting parallels with today.
As my dad has always told me, there's nothing new in the world, I just never realised how literally true that is until now :)

It's a bit like watching soap operas for years (I used to be guilty) you eventually get the same story lines repeating, just with different characters in slightly different circumstances. It's starting to feel like that in real life!

So the Spanish flu is like the Corona today, in that people were getting ill but not due to a virus. At the time they would have just referred to it as flu as it wouldn't have been named Spanish Flu until much later. That Boston study and book by Eleanora McBean show that there was a lot of ill people around, but there's no mention of mask wearing by either of them, so was this bit added later?

Felix Noille

Trusted Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to hear from any members in the USA who have experience of the 1918 Plandemic sorry, Pandemic in their family. The vast majority of information and photographic evidence seems to come from there.